Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2022, 08:11 AM   #1531
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I see. So no sneaking up on Lt. Buthiji (?). OK.

I grab one of the crew just captured, then I shout back: "Come out with your hands over your head or crewman [reads name] dies slowly!"

Can't imagine they're all that swayed if really have a bomb

"Go away or we all die quickly!"


Hua can hear the voice wavering. Its a bluff. Probably. As long as its handled right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is going to pull aside one of those he's sure is working to prevent an explosion to get their opinion on whether everyone is working towards the same goal.
"Not now, I'm stopping an overload!"


(I rolled a reaction roll of 5... )
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:28 AM   #1532
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Go away or we all die quickly!"

Hua can hear the voice wavering. Its a bluff. Probably. As long as its handled right.
I'll try to relate to the person on the other side, officer to officer.

"You don't want to kill any of your crew, do you? That's why you're giving us all these opportunities to retreat. I mean, a dreadstormer and a half dozen security for one missiles shift? I'd have taken that opportunity in a heartbeat. You don't have the heart to wipe out your crew. Now surrender before more of your men have to die."
Quote:
[1096] 22-08-02 18:17:19 CEST
Savoir Faire (Military)
3d6 <= 14
5 + 6 + 1 = 12 ... success
And if that doesn't work, I'll shoot the guy I grabbed in the leg.

"Look what you made me do. He might never walk again. But that's what you wanted, right? Why not make things simple, detonate that bomb you're sitting on, and make none of them walk again. Maybe some of your crew will be rescued after that bomb goes off and they'll remember how much of a failure of an officer you are."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 02:31 PM   #1533
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

"Not now, I'm stopping an overload!"

(I rolled a reaction roll of 5... )
Okay, well Daymar is going to trust that those trying to circumvent the explosion will point out anyone working against them...and hope this isn't going to come back and bite him.

He is going to try to find a way to get in contact with the others, if need be by sending a runner.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:34 PM   #1534
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
ugg, that WAS supposed to be Zybo saying that... changed it.
Alright, Pacifica hands him the handcuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
If we confront her like this, she might have us killed and she might even blow the ship. What tactic do you suggest Chief (Zybo) to prevent this?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 08:48 AM   #1535
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll try to relate to the person on the other side, officer to officer.

"You don't want to kill any of your crew, do you? That's why you're giving us all these opportunities to retreat. I mean, a dreadstormer and a half dozen security for one missiles shift? I'd have taken that opportunity in a heartbeat. You don't have the heart to wipe out your crew. Now surrender before more of your men have to die."

And if that doesn't work, I'll shoot the guy I grabbed in the leg.

"Look what you made me do. He might never walk again. But that's what you wanted, right? Why not make things simple, detonate that bomb you're sitting on, and make none of them walk again. Maybe some of your crew will be rescued after that bomb goes off and they'll remember how much of a failure of an officer you are."
Hua has to shoot the guy, and everyone is shocked... but it works, and Buthiji comes out with his hands up, abandoning the nuclear warhead.


"Just stick me in the brig, don't try to mess with my mind".


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Alright, Pacifica hands him the handcuffs.


If we confront her like this, she might have us killed and she might even blow the ship. What tactic do you suggest Chief (Zybo) to prevent this?
Zybo: "I mean, my idea was for me to surprise her from behind with a gun and cuff her. That should keep her from blowing the bomb. Do we have any better options?"



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Okay, well Daymar is going to trust that those trying to circumvent the explosion will point out anyone working against them...and hope this isn't going to come back and bite him.

He is going to try to find a way to get in contact with the others, if need be by sending a runner.
Daymar gets to the "office" of the reactor, and calls into the command centers... A converted comms guy in the command center is relaying the messages. Hua's force has just reported in, having seized upper missiles, including Lt. Buthiji. Daymar is able to report that he captured (and converted) Lt. Tizu.



Pacifica hasn't reported back from the predicted location on deck 6 yet.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:26 PM   #1536
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua has to shoot the guy, and everyone is shocked... but it works, and Buthiji comes out with his hands up, abandoning the nuclear warhead.


"Just stick me in the brig, don't try to mess with my mind".
I'll say I agree even though I have no intention of taking any demands from the Zorbani.

Quote:
[1097] 22-08-04 00:17:27 CEST
Fast Talk
3d6 <= 13
2 + 6 + 1 = 9 ... success
I'll direct the security to cuff the surrendered missile crew, sweep for any crew who are still hiding, and contact the command center to check in on Daymar, Pacifica, & the guards targeting the lower missiles area.

Once Bujithi's restrained, I'll interrogate him myself. He should at least know something about the lower missiles area. If he's at all reluctant, I'll threaten him with being brainwashed, but in a detached, matter of fact way; it's no skin off my back, but if you won't cooperate there's nothing I can do. Besides, I'll get the answers one way or another.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:17 PM   #1537
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Zybo: "I mean, my idea was for me to surprise her from behind with a gun and cuff her. That should keep her from blowing the bomb. Do we have any better options?"
I think we are good; let us join your forces. BTW, will your escort follow your orders? If you think they might not, I am sure these men will fight for you.

Pacifica reassures Zybo and then looks at Vinobi.

This would be a good time to enter the room, because the other part of the team is about to "attack".

For this matter I include an acting roll:
3d6 <= 15
4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:38 PM   #1538
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar gets to the "office" of the reactor, and calls into the command centers... A converted comms guy in the command center is relaying the messages. Hua's force has just reported in, having seized upper missiles, including Lt. Buthiji. Daymar is able to report that he captured (and converted) Lt. Tizu.
Daymar reports that the reactor section is under his control, and that crew are working on preventing an overload. He'll then go check on the progress of the crew.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:02 AM   #1539
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll direct the security to cuff the surrendered missile crew, sweep for any crew who are still hiding, and contact the command center to check in on Daymar, Pacifica, & the guards targeting the lower missiles area.

Once Bujithi's restrained, I'll interrogate him myself. He should at least know something about the lower missiles area. If he's at all reluctant, I'll threaten him with being brainwashed, but in a detached, matter of fact way; it's no skin off my back, but if you won't cooperate there's nothing I can do. Besides, I'll get the answers one way or another.
The guards in the lower missile section report they encountered no resistance: the crew has left, and a nuke is missing.

Bujithi refuses to answer any questions: "You have my name, rank, and surrender, that's all you're going to get!"

(your default on interrogation isn't great)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I think we are good; let us join your forces. BTW, will your escort follow your orders? If you think they might not, I am sure these men will fight for you.

Pacifica reassures Zybo and then looks at Vinobi.
Note: you have Nichapu, not Vinobi. Vinobi is keeping the officer's quarters from doing anything useful.

Zybo: "Wait until I disable Tutuna. Then you'll join us."
Zybo goes back into the compartment. You hear him saying something to Tutuna, and then you hear Tutuna swear.
Zybo: "Stand down Tutuna. We need more bodies more than we need you."
Tutuna: "I outrank you!"
Zybo: "You had your chance in the battle. We lost. I'm taking command."
Tutuna: "Grab Him!"

Quote:
This would be a good time to enter the room, because the other part of the team is about to "attack".
Yes they are... what does Pacifica do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar reports that the reactor section is under his control, and that crew are working on preventing an overload. He'll then go check on the progress of the crew.
He makes contact with Hua, who has seized the missiles section. All but one nuke is accounted for.

Give me a perception check.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:31 AM   #1540
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He makes contact with Hua, who has seized the missiles section. All but one nuke is accounted for.

Give me a perception check.
[1100] 22-08-05 18:30:43 CEST

Perception

3d6 <= 14
2 + 1 + 1 = 4 ... critical success! He perceives everything! :P
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.