Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2022, 07:30 AM   #1241
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will attempt Suggestion again on Thuno. (I'm guessing I can't just port over the Mental Surgery roll that would have been against him, so have rolled again below).

Suggestion (Thuno), including -1 range penalties
Thuno stops his retreat, and Daymar puts his hand on the man's trigger hand, and the Man's mind fights it, but then he looks at Daymar. "How can I help?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Uhm... Maybe "take by surprise" was a little bit stronger than I was meaning. It was more, "Stay invisible and monitor, while being ready to stop someone by surprise."

If I can be positioned between both groups such that I can keep eyes on both (even if it means turning my head), I'll take that position.

...

If he was walking I'll try to slip behind him and jab him with the barrel of my pistol. Then I'll say, "No stupid heroics, I rarely miss and never at these ranges. Hands on your head and back to the group.". Then I'll fire if he does anything besides what I told him to.

He moved slowly and subtlety. Hua has plenty of time to get in position. He sticks his hands on his head, and this group is captured. Where will you be placing them?


What will you be doing special for 19F?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:28 AM   #1242
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Where will you be placing them?
Have a three pairs of guards haul them off to the brig. That'll probably be inconspicuous enough to be overlooked. They're going be waiting around for me to reconnoiter the deck 19 area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What will you be doing special for 19F?
Well, I'd like to check to make sure there's no security posted in the area or anything besides a bunch of crew on their off hours. I think the best way to handle this many people is to create a crisis so that the security will be seen as coming to "rescue" them from the dreadstormer and then they'll pretty much go along with whatever they say. If nothing presents itself, maybe I could start another fire?

Reconnoitering rolls:
Quote:
[818] 22-03-02 17:28:24 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13
6 + 5 + 2 = 13 ... success
[817] 22-03-02 17:27:15 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
6 + 6 + 2 = 14 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:34 AM   #1243
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Thuno stops his retreat, and Daymar puts his hand on the man's trigger hand, and the Man's mind fights it, but then he looks at Daymar. "How can I help?"
"Thuno, our security force is now going to enter the command centre, I would like you and your buddy to remain on duty here and prevent anyone not with me to enter."

To Pookivo, he says, "Please gather the security contingent, we'll be taking the command centre now. We'll need to secure the crew and officers and lockdown all the entrances."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 08:40 AM   #1244
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Have a three pairs of guards haul them off to the brig. That'll probably be inconspicuous enough to be overlooked. They're going be waiting around for me to reconnoiter the deck 19 area.
They are being led off... this is the old brig location, yes?


Quote:
Well, I'd like to check to make sure there's no security posted in the area or anything besides a bunch of crew on their off hours. I think the best way to handle this many people is to create a crisis so that the security will be seen as coming to "rescue" them from the dreadstormer and then they'll pretty much go along with whatever they say. If nothing presents itself, maybe I could start another fire?

Reconnoitering rolls:
Another fire... that should be quite doable. What are you looking for in the rolls? just the number of people in the life support area? Its empty of personnel.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Thuno, our security force is now going to enter the command centre, I would like you and your buddy to remain on duty here and prevent anyone not with me to enter."

To Pookivo, he says, "Please gather the security contingent, we'll be taking the command centre now. We'll need to secure the crew and officers and lockdown all the entrances."

Thuno Salutes. The teams mass at the door... and then fling it open and shout for everyone to stand up with their hands away from their desks.



The second mate shouts "Traitors!", and several people shout as well. Many people are slowly standing up... but not all of them...


What does daymar to with the action after he comes through the door?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:04 AM   #1245
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They are being led off... this is the old brig location, yes?
Yeah there. Leave a pair there to guard the brig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Another fire... that should be quite doable. What are you looking for in the rolls? just the number of people in the life support area? Its empty of personnel.
Number of people in the life support area, if there's anyone who isn't an off duty crewman in the rest of the fore area.

This time I'd like to start a few fires and not bother with tampering with the sprinklers. Hopefully they'll keep them under control while still inspiring enough panic.

So I'll go back down to the area where I left the guards, tell them to arrive on Deck 19 (from multiple directions) shortly when I plan for the fires to break out under the pretense of attempting to capture the Dreadstormer. They'll arrest all the crew there, and then we'll have the entire area under control.

IQ for timing, Traps x3 for three fires, Stealth x3 for three repositionings:
Quote:
[819] 22-03-03 18:03:00 CET
IQ
3d6 <= 14
4 + 6 + 6 = 16 ... failure
[820] 22-03-03 18:03:45 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1: 6 + 2 + 3 = 11 ... success
2: 5 + 2 + 3 = 10 ... success
3: 1 + 1 + 6 = 8 ... success
[821] 22-03-03 18:04:15 CET
Traps
3d6 <= 13
1: 4 + 6 + 2 = 12 ... success
2: 4 + 5 + 2 = 11 ... success
3: 5 + 1 + 5 = 11 ... success
Well looks like the fires start fine but I miss the timing.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:31 AM   #1246
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Thuno Salutes. The teams mass at the door... and then fling it open and shout for everyone to stand up with their hands away from their desks.

The second mate shouts "Traitors!", and several people shout as well. Many people are slowly standing up... but not all of them...

What does daymar to with the action after he comes through the door?
Daymar focuses his attention on those who have not moved away from their work stations, but apparently finds it hard to focus.

[822] 22-03-03 18:28:46 CET

Perception

3d6 <= 14
5 + 4 + 6 = 15 ... failure

He says loudly, "Move away from your work stations, stand down, and be quiet, and no one will be hurt."

Addressing Sergeant Pookivo, "Sergeant, please have your men remove anyone from their stations who has not done so."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 07:25 AM   #1247
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Yeah there. Leave a pair there to guard the brig.
awesome.


Quote:
Number of people in the life support area, if there's anyone who isn't an off duty crewman in the rest of the fore area.
None of them are in the life support area... though there are about seventy people to the aft of the life support area.


Quote:
This time I'd like to start a few fires and not bother with tampering with the sprinklers. Hopefully they'll keep them under control while still inspiring enough panic.

So I'll go back down to the area where I left the guards, tell them to arrive on Deck 19 (from multiple directions) shortly when I plan for the fires to break out under the pretense of attempting to capture the Dreadstormer. They'll arrest all the crew there, and then we'll have the entire area under control.

IQ for timing, Traps x3 for three fires, Stealth x3 for three repositionings:

Well looks like the fires start fine but I miss the timing.
How spaced out are the fires? how close are they to the goods?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar focuses his attention on those who have not moved away from their work stations, but apparently finds it hard to focus.

He says loudly, "Move away from your work stations, stand down, and be quiet, and no one will be hurt."
Pookivo shoots the second mate.. or at least he tries to. The shot flies through the command center, and a large percentage of people in the room hit the floor.



Rolling intimidation for Daymar... 7 vs skill 14.



Daymar's voice rings out over the room, perhaps with a psychic edge to it. In combination with the shot, it brings a measure of calm, and everyone pauses.


(all the resistance rolls from the truely determined are failed).



Quote:
Addressing Sergeant Pookivo, "Sergeant, please have your men remove anyone from their stations who has not done so."

The men are already on it, swarming over the room and placing weapons against anyone who isn't stepping away from their station.



Pookivo positions himself for another shot at the second mate.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 08:23 AM   #1248
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
None of them are in the life support area... though there are about seventy people to the aft of the life support area.
Is that where most of the people are or are there more spread across the entire aft section?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How spaced out are the fires? how close are they to the goods?
Well the goal is to spread terror, so I'd like to spread them across multiple blocks (F, G, I, unless H or E are more populated), and not actually close to anything important, especially not the oxygen tanks. The hydrogen bricks will burn enough.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:26 AM   #1249
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pookivo shoots the second mate.. or at least he tries to. The shot flies through the command center, and a large percentage of people in the room hit the floor.

Rolling intimidation for Daymar... 7 vs skill 14.

Daymar's voice rings out over the room, perhaps with a psychic edge to it. In combination with the shot, it brings a measure of calm, and everyone pauses.

(all the resistance rolls from the truely determined are failed).

The men are already on it, swarming over the room and placing weapons against anyone who isn't stepping away from their station.

Pookivo positions himself for another shot at the second mate.
Daymar will try Suggestion on the second mate (roll doesn't factor in the range penalty, base skill can absorb -1 Range penalty without changing anything).

[827] 22-03-04 18:25:17 CET

Suggestion

3d6 <= 16
1 + 2 + 2 = 5 ... success

Edit: Daymar will suggest to the second mate that he lay down and put his hands on his head, and if he does so, he will say, "Sergeant, cease fire, the second mate is under my control now."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 03-04-2022 at 02:29 PM.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:38 AM   #1250
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Is that where most of the people are or are there more spread across the entire aft section?
The "Aft* Section" of deck 19 is mostly locked down and housing Daymar's old mess. The area "Aft of life support" in the fore area of deck 19 is were all of deck 19.


Which is all to say that the "party zone" of deck 19 is 19E-19F, and that's where all of the people are. There may be one or two stragglers on the rest of the deck, plus Daymar's old section locked off in 19AB (but isolated from the lasers).



*Aft means towards the back of the ship, or closer to "A".


Quote:
Well the goal is to spread terror, so I'd like to spread them across multiple blocks (F, G, I, unless H or E are more populated), and not actually close to anything important, especially not the oxygen tanks. The hydrogen bricks will burn enough.

So F, G, and E. Hua is working on Setting the G fire with the E fire is discovered... She must have done too good a job. A fire alert is sounded for the ship... and the security troops show up almost immediately afterwards. However, the alert has spread to the control centers of the ship: Fire!



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will try Suggestion on the second mate (roll doesn't factor in the range penalty, base skill can absorb -1 Range penalty without changing anything).

[827] 22-03-04 18:25:17 CET

Suggestion

3d6 <= 16
1 + 2 + 2 = 5 ... success

Edit: Daymar will suggest to the second mate that he lay down and put his hands on his head, and if he does so, he will say, "Sergeant, cease fire, the second mate is under my control now."

the second mate cowers with his hands on his head.



there is another shot somewhere in the room, and a lot of activity, but the security appear to be doing a good job against their out gunned and intimidated foes.


The control station barks a sound "One of my men in the hall saw a large detachment of security. Is there anything I need to be aware of?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.