Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2021, 07:29 AM   #741
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter stows his bow and draws his knife.



By the time he has done so, Anil is backing away from the demon, and Ravneet has gotten its attention by loudly yelling and waving his riffle. It begins to move towards Ravneet...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #742
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter takes a few steps toward Anil and shifts his focus to his creation momentarily to look for other potential threats, and will nudge its course if it sees a way to draw others away.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:02 AM   #743
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

The insector doesn't see any potential threats. Its still playing hard to get with the red demon, drawing it farther and farther away.



Ravneet rears up the horse to make it look bigger, then fakes a charge towards the blue demon, swerving away. The demon goes after the horse and rider.


Anil backs his horse slowly away.



(I believe Peter is still on his horse?)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:00 PM   #744
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

((OOC: I assumed Peter dismounted to help Sojala when he fell from his horse.))

Peter grabs the reigns of his horse and keeps his guard up. He stays between the horse and the demon and inches toward the circle.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #745
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
((OOC: I assumed Peter dismounted to help Sojala when he fell from his horse.))
That works.


Quote:
Peter grabs the reigns of his horse and keeps his guard up. He stays between the horse and the demon and inches toward the circle.
Ravneet leads the demon away, calling out "see you back at camp!" as he stays just out of reach of a very angry and focused demon, trailing smoke.

Do they stop to load Anil's pistol? The circle is just within sight.


When they reach the trees at the edge of the circle, they see that the fire has burned out, but four demons are sitting around it. One is small enough to be human sized, bright green, and has a main of black fur running down its back and long claws. Another looks a great deal like the original pink demon. A third is a deep angry red, with an elephant's head and a massive frame, almost eight feet tall. The last has scales rather than skin, and is a dark dark brown, with has snake fangs and something of a cobra hood.


The snake demon and pink demon are sleeping about 20 feet from the fire. The elephant demon and short demon are digging through foliage on the edge of the circle, looking for something and occasionally snarling.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 06-25-2021 at 08:11 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 04:10 PM   #746
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

They will wait for Anil to load his pistol.

Peter asks for a bit of the powder and...

Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:13 AM   #747
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Roll IQ: on success, he's picked up an appropriate rock to make fire on the jungle knife with.



Anil has brought some early friction matches ... they're comparatively precious, but he's quite rich. Anil loads his pistol and they watch the demons move about.



How will Peter direct the insector? will he send the thing out of sensory range?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #748
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will ask for some matches and make a small bundle of kindling to set alight and toss into the fire-pit as they approach.

He will keep "Insector" in a wide orbit to keep him in sensory range... he's a little concerned if he lets it get too far it will gain independence, based on the behavior of the other creations here.

When they are ready, Peter will quickly head for the fire-pit to get the flames started to make their own champions. After making the bundle (while Anil reloads) Peter will aim his bow at the active creature closest to the pit and keep his bow at the ready until he is close enough to the fire pit to get it started.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:48 AM   #749
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Who will carry the kindling bundle? How will they carry it? It will be hard to carry while keeping your bow drawn...



Make a survival roll to build a good "instant fire" bundle.


Make a stealth roll.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 03:14 PM   #750
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Stealth (Default, DX or IQ - 5 = Effective Skill 7) - Roll 2+2+5=9 : FAIL
Survival, Jungle (13) - Roll 1+1+4=6 : Success!

((Darn, wish I could switch those :P ))

Peter will tuck one of the longer sticks into his belt around his side to secure it and keep it clear of the bow.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.