Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2024, 11:32 AM   #1691
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: The Scout's Guide to the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Acknowledged. He doesn't notice anything weird about the moon (s). He does notice something weird about the ground and about how everything seems quite lite, but he can't quite put his finger on it.
So to clarify, he has not seen the moons?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He does spot a group of at least three men on horses coming towards them. Everyone is down 2 FP.
Can he make out if they are wearing uniforms and their color? How distant? are they ahead, or following their trail? If Peter scouting ahead and does it seem like he can get back to his companions to warn them before the men on horseback can close the distance? If he can, is there anywhere for them to hide?

If it seems there is time to do so, and they have not noticed him, Peter will go back and report to Armstrong and Williamson and try to get them all into hiding.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 07:51 AM   #1692
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: The Scout's Guide to the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
So to clarify, he has not seen the moons?
He has not.


Quote:
Can he make out if they are wearing uniforms and their color? How distant? are they ahead, or following their trail? If Peter scouting ahead and does it seem like he can get back to his companions to warn them before the men on horseback can close the distance? If he can, is there anywhere for them to hide?
They're about a half to a third of a mile away. They are ahead, moving across your future path. Peter is only a little bit ahead, and can warn them. They're in the ravine, which is the best cover in the area.


Quote:
If it seems there is time to do so, and they have not noticed him, Peter will go back and report to Armstrong and Williamson and try to get them all into hiding.
They all try to find good places to hide. Armstrong and Williamson get their weapons out. Peaking out after a bit, Peter finds that the troop is moving along the edge of the ravine towards them rather than crossing it. Weapons are out. they're 200 yards away, and they have their pistols and swords out.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 08:00 AM   #1693
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default The Scout's Guide to the Multiverse

Peter follows the soldiers lead if they decide to move their position.

If it seems they must fight, Peter will try and get Goliath to stay out of it and not get hurt, and practice his new Yaka skills for real.

Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 11:14 AM   #1694
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

If discovery seems inevitable... Peter will make an offer.

"If you want, I can go surrender myself to them and just pretend I never met you and try to lead them away or be distracting enough to let you guys escape and complete your mission.

If I go down unarmed and dressed in old couch fabric, they probably won't see me as a threat."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:15 AM   #1695
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Armstrong: "Do we trust him?"


Williamson considers for three seconds before saying "Yes."


Armstrong turns to Peter: "Are you sure? they might kill you, or torture you?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:46 AM   #1696
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Armstrong: "Do we trust him?"


Williamson considers for three seconds before saying "Yes."


Armstrong turns to Peter: "Are you sure? they might kill you, or torture you?"
Does it seem that their discovery is inevitable otherwise? Is there an escape route for the Martians if Peter creates a distraction?

"Do you think we can get away otherwise? Or take them in a fight? A lot of lives count on this mission right? I was kind of relying on these guys not being eager to shoot a kid, but, I'm willing to take orders from the experienced soldiers here."

Fight, flight or Surrender as a distraction, Peter will follow the men's lead.

Peter has some experience introducing himself to strangers in weird circumstances after all.

Spoiler:  

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 01-08-2024 at 07:06 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 08:23 AM   #1697
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Does it seem that their discovery is inevitable otherwise? Is there an escape route for the Martians if Peter creates a distraction?

It seems pretty likely they'll be discovered. There is an escape route if Peter makes enough of a distraction.


Quote:
"Do you think we can get away otherwise? Or take them in a fight? A lot of lives count on this mission right? I was kind of relying on these guys not being eager to shoot a kid, but, I'm willing to take orders from the experienced soldiers here."
Armstrong: "We have a decent chance in a fight, but its not a sure thing, and one is likely to get away, which means they'll send a lot more after us."



Williamson seems oddly uncomfortable about this. "Don't take any risks on my account. Its the men at Fort Roberts who matter."


Arnstrong: "You're quick on your feet, but you're a civilian, and you're young. Its your choice what risk you want to take. I won't order you."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:12 AM   #1698
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

((OOC: LOL - I'm trying to leave the options open to better move the action quickly, and I'm eliciting the opposite result and making little progress.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
It seems pretty likely they'll be discovered. There is an escape route if Peter makes enough of a distraction.



Armstrong: "We have a decent chance in a fight, but its not a sure thing, and one is likely to get away, which means they'll send a lot more after us."



Williamson seems oddly uncomfortable about this. "Don't take any risks on my account. Its the men at Fort Roberts who matter."
"No offense, Williamson, but those people are the reason I'm offering. I don't like you THAT much."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Arnstrong: "You're quick on your feet, but you're a civilian, and you're young. Its your choice what risk you want to take. I won't order you."
"I'm not looking for orders, but I am asking for a tactical evaluation from a soldier. Is or isn't this the mission's best shot?"

If the men do not object, Peter returns the borrowed knife. He tells Armstrong and Williamson to get away. He will try and catch up if he manages to lead their pursuers off without getting caught himself.

Based on their distance and if he has time for other tricks before they get to him, he will try and divert them making a smoke puff and Karana-Monkey to circle around them, then noisily make a trail in another direction, and try and lead them off over the ridge and leading away from the ruins on another vector.

If they come upon him, he will try and behave like their appearance is a welcome surprise to the lost wandering child.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 09:03 AM   #1699
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"No offense, Williamson, but those people are the reason I'm offering. I don't like you THAT much."

"I'm not looking for orders, but I am asking for a tactical evaluation from a soldier. Is or isn't this the mission's best shot?"
Armstrong grimaces: "Its the mission's best shot."

Quote:
If the men do not object, Peter returns the borrowed knife. He tells Armstrong and Williamson to get away. He will try and catch up if he manages to lead their pursuers off without getting caught himself.
Armstrong insists that Peter keep the knife and that Armstrong takes the odd piece of metal Peter has been using as a Yaka Knife. "It will be less suspicious". Then they move slightly back in the ravine "Give us time. Good luck" Armstrong says.

Quote:
Based on their distance and if he has time for other tricks before they get to him, he will try and divert them making a smoke puff and Karana-Monkey to circle around them, then noisily make a trail in another direction, and try and lead them off over the ridge and leading away from the ruins on another vector.
Peter has time to create a puff of smoke creature, but it will need to be pretty small: mouse sized or something like that.

They look off to the side at the mouse stirring in the bush. Peter can hear them yelling. Someone yells something in another language. another says responds. The bossy one keeps looking ahead at the ravine : from as close up as the mouse can see, it looks like that one is the leader, and he's looking at close to where Peter is.

After about a minute of checking, the men find the mouse, and there is a great deal of guffawing. The leader shouts some orders, and they move towards Peter's location.

Quote:
If they come upon him, he will try and behave like their appearance is a welcome surprise to the lost wandering child.
The leader is the first to see him. He smiles, and makes a comment in his language. Then he says "Hello little Rabbit. You're not what I was expecting." The accent sounds French, maybe.

Quote:
((OOC: LOL - I'm trying to leave the options open to better move the action quickly, and I'm eliciting the opposite result and making little progress.))
Yeah... though this is a critical decision, so its a player choice.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 01:53 PM   #1700
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter won't take the knife to be sure it can't be viewed as evidence he was "with the enemy", better to be unarmed. He returns everything he took from them before departing, just to be safe.

Peter comes up with the backstory that he was a kidnapping victim who was taken to the ruins and held in that lobby they found, but abandoned by his kidnappers when the ransom demand was refused. He had been walking the dog at the time he was taken, so it must have been safer to bring the dog with them than to let it be discovered running around. Since Peter hadn't seen anyone's face, killing him was too much trouble or would add charges or whatever, so they just left him there. They had taken his clothes, so he had improvised his upholstery based clothing.

Quote:
"Hello little Rabbit. You're not what I was expecting."
Peter channels his past self from any of the number of times he's been in this situation...

His eyes widen at the sight of rescue! He flashes his Disarming Smile and hopes his Honest Face will do the rest.

"Lucky for me! It's been so cold. Got any water you can spare? I have no idea where we are. Can you tell me which way to civilization?"

He behaves reluctant to talk about it, but is ready with his kidnapping story if pressed.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.