Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-17-2019, 05:29 PM   #11
Tigrah2k

Default Re: A super hero question { Challenging Antagonist }

This is the current build for the hero. Right now his powers are still in early development, as the GM wanted to start the story before they gained power, and build them up at a rapid rate into early heroes. He's built on some odd house rules, so you'll notice some GURPS rules violations. But, this guy encompasses a lot of what I see for this particular character in a Supers setting world.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing'
Tigrah2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:16 PM   #12
AlexanderHowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrah2k View Post
This is the current build for the hero. Right now his powers are still in early development, as the GM wanted to start the story before they gained power, and build them up at a rapid rate into early heroes. He's built on some odd house rules, so you'll notice some GURPS rules violations. But, this guy encompasses a lot of what I see for this particular character in a Supers setting world.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing'
Modular Abilities (Cosmic Powers) do not innately have the Cosmic modifier (that would be a +50% enhancement). The other abilities are also lacking the appropriate Cosmic enhancement. In general though, he seems to be a rather wimpy super, though his point value would increase by 140 CP with the addition of the Cosmic enhancement.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #13
Tigrah2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Modular Abilities (Cosmic Powers) do not innately have the Cosmic modifier (that would be a +50% enhancement). The other abilities are also lacking the appropriate Cosmic enhancement. In general though, he seems to be a rather wimpy super, though his point value would increase by 140 CP with the addition of the Cosmic enhancement.
In GCA it had a 0% Cosmic origin enhancement... What is that for then? I'll talk to my GM about fixing the points, though, to keep them in line with what the game says. We're all still learning the intricacies of the super genre in GURPS. I imagine our GM would be more likely to hand out more starting points, or more post-change points, if he understood that part of the GURPS Supers system.

Once those modifiers are fixed, how do you think he'd fair as a very early development Super?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:18 PM   #14
Refplace

Quote:

Once those modifiers are fixed, how do you think he'd fair as a very early development Super?
Its hard to say because you specified using House Rules that might make a difference. Several modifiers didnt seem to make sense, Costs FP and HP on that Regeneration for example. Those would take effect every minute so 60 times before the Regeneration went into effect.
Damage is going to vary in effect based on the campaign, as are defenses. It looks like a all element based super suitable for a low end campaign.
My style is more specialization in special effect, typical of the comics.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:25 PM   #15
Tigrah2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Its hard to say because you specified using House Rules that might make a difference. Several modifiers didnt seem to make sense, Costs FP and HP on that Regeneration for example. Those would take effect every minute so 60 times before the Regeneration went into effect.
Damage is going to vary in effect based on the campaign, as are defenses. It looks like a all element based super suitable for a low end campaign.
My style is more specialization in special effect, typical of the comics.
Sorry, the HP/FP cost is only to the power pool. The regen doesn't have that. Everything in the right column of powers is separate from the power pool. Kind of secondary powers of the character that are always in effect.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:30 PM   #16
AlexanderHowl

Quote:
In GCA it had a 0% Cosmic origin enhancement... What is that for then? I'll talk to my GM about fixing the points, though, to keep them in line with what the game says. We're all still learning the intricacies of the super genre in GURPS. I imagine our GM would be more likely to hand out more starting points, or more post-change points, if he understood that part of the GURPS Supers system.

Not very well. Compare him to the supervillian that I presented. The villain has a 200 CP power that, when combined with the Cosmic Power Talent, can be transformed into anything with Using Abilities at a Default. Even when she does not, she can deal an average of 16 HP per turn to your character after hijacking his perceptions (assuming the perks to transform Rule of 16 to Rule of 30).
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supers