Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #51
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: [Supers] [My Campaign] Power Construction/Review

Lets' go with Ifrit. (Yes, he is a Final Fantasy fan. Sue him. =p )

Ifrit is a versatile fire-themed blaster with some odd quirks and an unusual degree of flexibility. Absent his powers, he is an Investigator (Action 1: Heroes, pg 12) with the Law Enforcement lens (Action 1: Heroes, pg 5) plus some other stuff. Ifrit being a d-scale metahuman who isn't an archetype-class means that if he gets squished, he stays squished. He is an officer of the city's meta-crime department and has an "its' complicated" relationship with Shiva.

(Standard disclaimer for Alternate Advantage built under Multiplicative Modifiers borking when recalculated according to Standard Modifiers.)

Ifrit's Fire (New Advantage; Meta-Trait)
([135] with Multiplicative Modifiers; [170] with Standard Modifiers)
Components:
  • Control Fire 2
    ([98] with Multiplicative Modifiers; [125] with Standard Modifiers)
    Modifiers: Collective, +100%; Increased Range (LoS), +40%; Persistent, +40%; Ranged, +40%; Reduced Time 1, +20%; Power Modifier, -10%; Uncontrollable, (-30%; Negated by Shiva's Presence, -40%; Note 2) -18%
  • Create Fire 2
    ([35] with Multiplicative Modifiers; [43] with Standard Modifiers)
    Modifiers: Increased Range (LoS), +40%; Ranged, +40%; Reduced Fatigue Cost 2, +40%; Reduced Time 1, +20%; Power Modifier, -10%; Uncontrollable, (-30%; Negated by Shiva's Presence, -40%; Note 2) -18%
  • Temperature Tolerance 2
    ([2] with Multiplicative Modifiers; [2] with Standard Modifiers)
    Modifiers: Fixed Increment (Note 3), +0%; Power Modifier, -10%

Ifrit's Fire (Alternate Modes of Operation)
  • Burning Attack 21
    ([27] with Multiplicative Modifiers; [31] with Standard Modifiers)
    Modifiers: Damage Modifier (Incendiary), +10%; Increased Range (LoS), +40%; Underwater, +20%; Variable, +5%; Power Modifier, -10%; Uncontrollable, (-30%; Negated by Shiva's Presence, -40%; Note 2) -18%; Alternate Attack (Ifrit's Fire), *1/5
  • Temperature Control 42
    ([54] with Multiplicative Modifiers; [179] with Standard Modifiers)
    Modifiers: Increased Range (LoS), +70%; Reduced Time 1, +20%; Reduced Time 4 (Heating Only), +80%; Selective Effect, +20%; Heat, -50%; Power Modifier, -10%; Uncontrollable, (-30%; Negated by Shiva's Presence, -40%; Note 2) -18%; Reflexive Alternate Ability (Ifrit's Fire; Note 1), *2/5

He has other Alternate Modes, I've just not detailed them yet. They are listed on his character sheet as "To Be Determined" (Alternate Attack) [27 or less] or "To Be Determined" (Reflexive Alternate Ability) [54 or less]. As he has 1,500 points (total) budgeted to spend on his powers, there is plenty of room for additional modes and other powers. He is intended to be an adaptable and flexible d-scale super who can handle normals and i-scale supers by himself, needing/wanting backup when handling d-scale and above.

Note 1: I'm using the *2/5 for Reflexive Alternate Ability from this point forward as per the_matrix_walker's suggestion. Its' easier math if nothing else; I still feel its' cheating the character though ...
Note 2: Uncontrollable (Negated by Shiva's Presence) uses Uncontrollable (Granted by Familiar) as a pricing guideline, but instead of the limitation being granted by the familiar, the removal of the limitation is granted by the familiar. The result of this construct is that when Ifrit isn't near Shiva, Ifrit's powers can go out of his control and start destroying the world about him; as nearly all of his powers have this limitation, and the loss of control affects them all -- including the ability to switch to the alternate modes and use those! --, this can result in a great deal of destruction.
Note 3: Fixed Increment means that I use the racial template's HT rather than the character's HT to calculate the increment value. Depending on the character in question, it may be an enhancement or a limitation, but its' not something I'm going to bother calculating.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power construction, powers, supers