Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
Baconbastard

Default Crab bad stuff

Last night when I was playing I was the Witch class from the Pathfinder expansion. Another player had armor on, as well as the kneepads of allure. I used the witch's hex ability to inflict the "bad stuff" from Crabs, which states that they lose their armor as well as any items worn below the waist. This started a debate that the kneepads being slotless are in fact not worn, but simply carried with you and can still function. I believe that they are very obviously worn/equip and that the "bad stuff" from Crabs would cause them to be discarded.

As a follow up, this would imply that if someone managed to wear all of these things, that the crabs could simultaneously get rid of: Armor, footwear, kneepads of allure, codpieces, pantyhose of giant's strength, spiky knees, and any other manor of slotless belts or whatever that would obviously need to be worn below the waist, correct?
Baconbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Crab bad stuff

They would lose the Kneepads -- in fact, the Kneepads and the Spiky Knees are why the Crabs have the Bad Stuff they do.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
Baconbastard

Thank you, this pleases me.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
Baconbastard

How about the foot mounted mace? Technically that is "worn below the waist" as well.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconbastard View Post
How about the foot mounted mace? Technically that is "worn below the waist" as well.
Yes, that counts.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:27 AM   #6
kotya

a. If a player is carrying (but not using) an Armor, do they have to lose it as per Crabs bad stuff?
b. If a player is carrying (but not using) any Item that should be worn below the waist, do they have to lose it as per Crabs bad stuff?
kotya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:45 AM   #7
Turgul

That would depend on whether the crab cards says lose your armor... or lose the armor you are wearing. If it doesn't say wearing, you lose any of the items you have but not using. If it says wearing, you would not lose the items you are not actively using.
Turgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:59 AM   #8
MunchkinMan

The card says to "[d]iscard armor," so anyone suffering the Bad Stuff of Crabs would discard all the armor he is carrying. If you need to justify this in some way, assume that it means the little buggers get into all of the Armor one is carrying (used or not) and make it unusable.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #9
Turgul

Question Muchkinman, by that logic anytime you get hit with a lose X card, then all of the X you have gets discarded, even if you are not wearing it? That seems a bit much.
Turgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:16 AM   #10
MunchkinMan

Taken in a vacuum, maybe. However, there are some qualifiers on some Curses and other cards which force you to lose Items. Since your question has been asked often enough, it made its way into the FAQ, so I'll let the answer there explain the qualifiers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The FAQ
Q. If I draw a Curse that says "Lose Your Armor," and I have an Armor card sideways, can I lose that one to satisfy the Curse?
A. It depends on the exact wording of the Curse. If the Curse says "Lose the Armor You Are Wearing," it must be Armor that you are using (and therefore gaining the benefits of). If it is "Lose One Armor," you would lose any single Armor card you had in play. And if it is just "Lose Your Armor," discard everything you have in play that is Armor. (As mentioned below, Cheated Armor is still Armor!)
Obviously, you can replace "Armor" with just about any other type of Item, and though this mentions Curses, it also applies to other cards which tell you to "lose" Items (usually in Bad Stuff). Since we're talking about Curses and Bad Stuff, not Mild Maledictions and Slight Inconveniences, sometimes they can be more than a little disabling, and that's okay.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 10-31-2015 at 07:29 AM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crabs, curses, kneepads of allure, slotless items, witch