Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
krspond

Default A heated Thiefly Theft Debate

Preface: I have read the forums thoroughly and I now understand the thief rule regarding thieving while in combat.

So, my group had a huge argument about whether or not a Thief can jack something from another player while that player is in combat. I read the card thoroughly and consulted the rules and I didn't see any reason why that wouldn't be allowed. Now I understand and I must shamefully apologize, because that player lost (largely because of my ruling). So, I'm just wondering, was this just an online official ruling that isn't worded anywhere else or am I just REALLY missing some printed text somewhere on my cards or in my rules?
Old 01-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
StaticHamster

Default Re: A heated Thiefly Theft Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by "The RULES"
See the Class cards for when abilities can be used. Note that
a Thief cannot steal while he or the target is fighting – and as
soon as a monster is revealed, the fight is on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The FAQ
Q. Can a Thief steal something while he is in combat?
A. No. He's preoccupied.

Q. Can a Thief steal from someone else while THEY are in combat?
A. No. They're preoccupied.

Q. Can a Thief steal from someone while neither he nor his victim is in combat, but someone else is?
A. Yes.
The rule about a Thief not being able to steal in combat is in the Class section under Character Stats.
The FAQ expands that rule.

Last edited by StaticHamster; 01-12-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: To add the quote from the rules
StaticHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
snarky

What version of the rules do you have? This is very clearly covered in the latest revision:

"See the Class cards for when abilities can be used. Note that a Thief cannot steal while he or the target is fighting – and as soon as a monster is revealed, the fight is on!"
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
krspond

Ok. I have read ALL of that on the forums, so I knew what was said there. Thanks for pointing to where that was in the rules. I just could NOT seem to find that. Now I must shamefully spend the rest of my days hiding in a cave for being a bad game owner. Thanks, Guys!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Trsevener

Quote:
Originally Posted by krspond View Post
Now I must shamefully spend the rest of my days hiding in a cave for being a bad game owner.
No, now you must spend the rest of your days hiding in a Cavern, a very Crazed Cavern ;)

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.
Trsevener is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat, thief