Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-30-2016, 11:50 AM   #11
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Bullet Damage Calculator?`

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I think the full-size barrel M2 (43" or so) is still 13d, while some of the shorter barreled ones are less.
From looking through Pulp Guns the other day I even think that one of the earliest variants with water cooling and a long barrel was 7Dx2.

<goes and looks> Yeah, 5th paragraph, right hand side p.22. The original M2 usually mounted on an antiaircraft tripod.

So the answer is "it depends". I suspect that if Hans adjusted anything it would be which of the many versions was used in the weapons table.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:30 PM   #12
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I think the full-size barrel M2 (43" or so) is still 13d, while some of the shorter barreled ones are less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
From looking through Pulp Guns the other day I even think that one of the earliest variants with water cooling and a long barrel was 7Dx2.

<goes and looks> Yeah, 5th paragraph, right hand side p.22. The original M2 usually mounted on an antiaircraft tripod.

So the answer is "it depends". I suspect that if Hans adjusted anything it would be which of the many versions was used in the weapons table.

Ah, ok. That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
Thanks for that
Don't use the numbers I gave you! While going over some of the issues with the Chinese guns listed in Low-Tech with Icelander I found that there was a bug in my spread sheet formula!

The correct numbers are:

2d pi++ for the 225 grain projectile.
1d+2 pi++ for the 250 grain projectile.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:15 PM   #13
(E)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
Don't use the numbers I gave you! While going over some of the issues with the Chinese guns listed in Low-Tech with Icelander I found that there was a bug in my spread sheet formula!

The correct numbers are:

2d pi++ for the 225 grain projectile.
1d+2 pi++ for the 250 grain projectile.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thanks are still provided.

Those numbers are close to what I had originally, they looked a bit low (to my eyes for a hunting rifle). Also from memory they didn't line up with the historic air rifle stats. (I'm away from my books).
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #14
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
Thanks are still provided.

Those numbers are close to what I had originally, they looked a bit low (to my eyes for a hunting rifle). Also from memory they didn't line up with the historic air rifle stats. (I'm away from my books).
Looking over the stats for the Steyr-Girandoni M.1780, it gets 2d pi+ which lines up with a lead ball of 149 grains moving at around 900ft per second which is in the higher end of muzzle velocities I could find.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, calculator, damage, foot-pounds, joules