Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 05-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
munchkinQuestzilla

Default Throwable Items

Theres been debate on the wording of a couple of rules and was hoping to clear them up:

1. Throwable Items: Can throwable combat effecting potions such as Potion of Strength, be used ONLY on another players trun or during your turn also in your combat to help yourself? The rulebook has an odd way of wording it and my players and i are not in agreement.

2. Can you change out gear and such when you enter a new room? Technically, combat has officially started and i know you can change out race or,class, but what about gear from your hand or backpack?

Thanks for the help got a big munchkin night planned soon so i hope to hear back :)
munchkinQuestzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Throwable Items

I see what you mean about the odd wording on p17. While it does say you can use it during another player's combat, that isn't meant to exclude you using them in your own combats as well. It's just there to let you know it doesn't have to be your own (but must be adjacent or in your room). Many of those Items would be fairly useless if you couldn't use them in your own combats.

No, you cannot equip anything between entering a new room and fighting the monster that is there. You are in combat immediately upon entering and you cannot change stuff during combat. I feel that this is explicitly mentioned somewhere too... let me check...

Edit: Well, I can't find it explicitly written out, but drawing and starting to fight the monster are all parts of exploring a new room. You cannot pause this step to take actions or play other cards, except for the DxM that you receive when you entered the room (and cards that state otherwise).

Last edited by Clipper; 05-23-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
munchkinQuestzilla

Thanks for your help im gunna use these rulings:)
It makes sense to me
munchkinQuestzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Clipper

I'm not qualified to give rulings, but I am certain that my responses match the official stance in these cases, at least.

Tags
throwable ;