Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-18-2017, 07:48 PM   #11
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Re: Teleport Spell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
There are means for getting multiple Maneuvers within a single turn (Altered Time Rate, or, for just spellcasting, Compartmentalized Mind).
And they're not necessarily rare; for example:

Compartmentalized Mind 1 (Aspected (Spells Only), -20%; No Mental Separation, -20%; Granted by Familiar -40%) [10]

Compartmentalized Mind 1 (Aspected (Spells Only), -20%; No Mental Separation, -20%; Breakable [DR2], -20%; SM-3, -15%; Can Be Stolen [DX roll, does not work for thief], -15%;) [10] [for getting from a magical staff]
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #12
malloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
And they're not necessarily rare; for example:

Compartmentalized Mind 1 (Aspected (Spells Only), -20%; No Mental Separation, -20%; Granted by Familiar -40%) [10]

Compartmentalized Mind 1 (Aspected (Spells Only), -20%; No Mental Separation, -20%; Breakable [DR2], -20%; SM-3, -15%; Can Be Stolen [DX roll, does not work for thief], -15%;) [10] [for getting from a magical staff]
Hm, must steal that staff for a villainous archmage sometime.

I'm not sure it matters for the Teleport timing though. The wording is after all "end of the last second of concentration" and "end of your turn" not "end of your Concentrate maneuver". I'd probably rule that if you cast spells in two compartments, they both go off simultaneously at the end of your turn. I'm not sure where I'd rule that happened for range and the like if one of them was Teleport, but it feels like it should be where you did the concentrating, not your destination.

But I do think it's clear the issue is 3e wording not updated for 4e. It's not like everybody doesn't know 4e Magic was pushed out the door too fast with inadequate editing or playtesting.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #13
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
I'd probably rule that if you cast spells in two compartments, they both go off simultaneously at the end of your turn. .
That's not how it been rule as the intention of RAW, it's been rule multiple time the Compartmentalized Mind can be used in serial, for reducing casting times [a 2 second spell in 1 turn buy using both you regular maneuver as contrasting on the same spell as the CM concentration maneuver] as well as allow you to cast a Missile Spell [with the CM] and Attack maneuver with your regular maneuver to throw it all on the same turn.

Teleport would be no different, except for the need of Body Sense skill check

Last edited by roguebfl; 07-19-2017 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spell, teleport