Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-21-2006, 11:00 PM   #141
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Quote:
Well, you probably wouldn't have to buy the perks multiple times... and after 5 allies, it's an Ally Group, not individual Allies. But 50 per 4 works.
Of course, presumably you'll want the Allies to have different abilities, so Ally Group isn't really the way to go here. It specifically states that all the Allies in the group have to share a single character sheet, so if you want different Allies, you'll have to buy them individually.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:23 AM   #142
KlausPrinceOfTheUndeads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almafeta
Battle Beasts [50]

Beasts On My Belt: Four Allies (25% of PC's value; Constantly *4; Special Abilities, +50%; Summonable, +100%) [40]

Licensed Beast Trainer: [1]

Stat Master: [1]

Talented Beast Trainer: Animal Handling (Collectabeast) (IQ/A) @ IQ+2 [8]

You have a set of summonable battle monsters that you can keep handy with you. This monster is worth 25% of the character's starting value; low IQ, Mute or Stuttering, and any disadvantage from the Domestic Animal or Wild Animal templates is appropriate, as are various elemental Weaknesses. As against that, it may have all sorts of advantages that are not generally appropriate for PCs in your campaign, not the least of which are various Innate Attacks.

Additionally, you are very good at training beasts, and you know all about the different species; the occasions in which you don't, you have a hand-dandy electronic organizer which can tell you. This is a perk. Finally, a different perk gives you the license you need to raise the beasts, which can be used as a valid form of identification, as well as letting you into some places and permitting you to enter competitions that non-licensed trainers cannot enter.
Uuuh.. Pokemon? O_o

Battlemind: Ridiculous Luck (Active, -40%; Aspected, Combat, -20%) [24] + Serendipity 2 (Aspected, Combat, -20%) [24]. Note: Sometimes you can enter a trance-like state in wich you are a superior tactician, able to perform amazing feats thanks to probability calculation and analysis of the enemy's way of fighting (not just their fighting style). Once per ten minutes, when in combat, you can declare the use of this ability before you make a die roll (or someone makes a die roll against you): if you do so, you can roll the dice three times and get the best result. Also, when you are in combat, strange things happen: you jump and land exactly near the lever wich controls the bridge, or, after having been disarmed, you retreat from a blow and found yourself right near a rake with one of your favourite weapons; and so on. The latter is a totally unconscious use of your ability, and may manifest up to two times per game session. 48 points.
KlausPrinceOfTheUndeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:00 AM   #143
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Utter Horror (or "Got Beat with the Ugly Stick") [51 points]

Terror 2 [base 50 pts] (Link +10%; Always on -20%; Only when unmasked -10%) [40 points]

Innate Attack 1 [Crushing: base 5 points] (Link +10%; Cone/4 yards +90%; Cosmic/Bypass Defenses +50%; Surge +20%; Increased Range x5 +20%; Only on Unliving -20%; Always On -20%; Only when Unmasked -10%; No Knockback -10%; No Blunt Trauma -20%) [11 points]

This has nothing to do with appearance - although survivors won't be able to tell. Should this individual's unmasked face look in any direction, anyone who sees it will have to make a Fright Check at -2. Not only that, windows and mirrors will shatter, clocks will stop, electronics will short out, and even some rocks will crumble! These effects persist in line-of-sight until the individual puts on his mask.

Note that the person in question could have a Very Beautiful appearance - but wouldn't know it because of having a "face that can stop a clock".

Last edited by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2; 04-23-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #144
vitruvian

Quote:
Innate Attack 1 [Crushing: base 5 points] (Link +10%; Cone/4 yards +90%; Cosmic/Bypass Defenses +50%; Surge +20%; Increased Range x5 +20%; Only on Unliving -20%; Always On -20%; Only when Unmasked -10%; No Knockback -10%; No Blunt Trauma -20%) [11 points]
Cosmic to bypass defenses is +300%, not +50%.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:28 AM   #145
Tsuru-Sennin

Almost Magic Missiles:

Crushing Attack 1D+1 (Cosmic, Ignores DR +300%; Surprise Attack +150%; Very Rapid Fire 5 +80%; Increased ½ Range x 10 +15%; Accurate 23 +115%; No Knockback -10%) [50]

Tries to simulate the D&D spell Magic Missile, not quite with effect of always hitting, but with surprise attack and the huge accuracy, you'll hit most enemies most of the time, if you just take time to aim.

Note: This is something I would call munchkin and would not let in my games.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the final sanctuary of the terminally inept.
Tsuru-Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:44 AM   #146
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuru-Sennin
Almost Magic Missiles:

Crushing Attack 1D+1 (Cosmic, Ignores DR +300%; Surprise Attack +150%; Very Rapid Fire 5 +80%; Increased ½ Range x 10 +15%; Accurate 23 +115%; No Knockback -10%) [50]

Tries to simulate the D&D spell Magic Missile, not quite with effect of always hitting, but with surprise attack and the huge accuracy, you'll hit most enemies most of the time, if you just take time to aim.

Note: This is something I would call munchkin and would not let in my games.
First at all, I don't think you really need accurate+23. Give them homming and accurate+8 and you're pretty much set.

Also, what is surprise+150%?
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:33 AM   #147
zorg
Experimental Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima
Also, what is surprise+150%?
Powers104: a variant of Overhead; namely an attack which originates behind the target. It mostly elimitates Active defense.

Actually, why not use Cosmic: No die roll required (+100%)? This is even cheaper than Accuracy +23, though more useful :)
Old 04-24-2006, 10:03 AM   #148
Tsuru-Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
Powers104: a variant of Overhead; namely an attack which originates behind the target. It mostly elimitates Active defense.

Actually, why not use Cosmic: No die roll required (+100%)? This is even cheaper than Accuracy +23, though more useful :)
I don't think that it can be used with Rapid fire attacks, as the number of hits is determined by your margin of success. I guess Homing would work too, but Homing Rapid Fire attacks still use margin of success to determine actual hits...

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the final sanctuary of the terminally inept.
Tsuru-Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #149
Toothofjustice

Most of these abilities are freakin awesome guys. Nice work! And on that note:
Does anyone have any idea about the PDF on this thread that Atreyu mentioned in the first post? if it is done, where to get it when it is done, etc?
Old 04-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #150
zorg
Experimental Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuru-Sennin
I don't think that it can be used with Rapid fire attacks, as the number of hits is determined by your margin of success.
Sure, why not? No die roll needed, your attack hits. If your attack just happens to have RoF 25, then you hit with all 25 projectiles. That's why it's Cosmic, after all. I don't see any mention that Cosmic is incompatible with RoF...

Tags
gurpsland, house rules, pdf, powers, sample powers