Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #181
cybermancer2k1

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran
The ability to vomit on command exists in reall life and might have some interesting benefits to acting sick and very specific poison situations.
I knew a guy in college that could do this. I've no idea how he discovered his ability (and don't want to know). Another real-life example: former WWE wrestler Droz made it a part of his ring persona.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:10 AM   #182
The Benj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23
I like these ideas, but I think they're a little under-powered. For instance, I'd let a trained interrogator use his skill to resist interrogation without a perk.

Toss in a +1 for the Perk, maybe.
Oh, I think it makes a good house-rule too, I just thought it was a good example of a Perk that gives you access to a rule that's not normally in force in the campaign.
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:22 PM   #183
Ereniken

Owns a 7-sided die: One 6-sided die that YOU roll can be replaced with the (aforementioned) 7-sided die.
Ereniken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:24 AM   #184
Zarkon

I like this one:

Reliable Name Memory
This a scaled-down version of the Eidetic Memory advantage.
The character has a good memory for names of people (and people only). If the player has forgotten the name of a specific known NPC, the GM rolls vs. IQ.
If the roll succeeds the GM tells the correct name. A failure means that the GM does not tell the name. A critical failure means that the GM tells a wrong name.

Greetings,
Zarkon
Old 08-20-2008, 07:03 AM   #185
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkon
Reliable Name Memory
I've used Strong Memory in the past, which gives +1 to IQ rolls to recall the general sense of past events (but not specific details), and +1 to other specific memory related rolls that Eidetic Memory would help with.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #186
transmetahuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkon
I like this one:

Reliable Name Memory
This a scaled-down version of the Eidetic Memory advantage.
The character has a good memory for names of people (and people only). If the player has forgotten the name of a specific known NPC, the GM rolls vs. IQ.
If the roll succeeds the GM tells the correct name. A failure means that the GM does not tell the name. A critical failure means that the GM tells a wrong name.
Hrmm, I'd be using the IQ roll to see if the character remembered a name for a normal character (with a ballparked TDM, but IQ-0 would be the baseline). For someone who was supposed to be good with names, regarding someone they were actually introduced to (not "I'm good with names, so I remember the name of the guy who invented Post-Its because I read about him on Wikipedia five years ago" - that's not what I think of as "good with names"), I'd give a real bonus to IQ or probably not roll at all. It's not like it comes up in-game all that often.
transmetahuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #187
Lupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermancer2k1
I knew a guy in college that could do this. I've no idea how he discovered his ability (and don't want to know). Another real-life example: former WWE wrestler Droz made it a part of his ring persona.
We live in a really sick world.
Lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #188
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo
We live in a really sick world.
No, sick world is that some people have vomit fetishes!
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 AM   #189
The Benj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereniken
Owns a 7-sided die: One 6-sided die that YOU roll can be replaced with the (aforementioned) 7-sided die.
Is there any possible reason I would want to do this on anything other than damage? I can't think of one. If I really want to fail a roll, usually the GM will let me :)

So, assuming it is only useful for damage, it seems balanced. Possibly even a little underpowered, as it roughly translates to: 14% of the time I get +1 damage.

Anyway: There's such a thing as a d7?
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:01 AM   #190
Phil Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Benj
Is there any possible reason I would want to do this on anything other than damage? I can't think of one.
Nor can I, off hand - but if one could require the GM to use it for reaction rolls related to one's character, that'd be another benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Benj
Anyway: There's such a thing as a d7?
I have one, for the curiosity value. It's a short pentagonal prism. I've never really tested it rigorously for statistical randomness.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rules, perks