Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 11-22-2021, 09:19 AM   #11
ajardoor

Default Re: What's Your Current Game about?

I'm running a Delta Green RPG (the new ruleset) campaign on another forum.

It's set in the year 2016, the Agents are Outlaws (although they do not know that for sure), and I'm focusing mostly on Cthulhu (I'm even not bringing in Deep Ones if I can help it).

So far, the Agents have completed their first mission successfully, they investigated a series of strange deaths by drowning on land and a bunch of sea creatures beaching themselves in Delaware. They caught the three fishermen responsible and covered it up.

Their second and current operation is investigating a West Virginian town that has everyone vanishing without explanation. They got attacked by two EMTs possessed by bizarre void horrors. They searched the police station and found the Sherriff was running a secret corruption ring and cult, with the help of a local millionaire and the mayor. They're now searching the mayor's house, finding drugs, moonshine and old coal mining tunnels below.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #12
khorboth

We started out with a GURPS DF game. There was a big world-altering plot where past events had been rewritten. The GM imported a beefed-up version of the Deck of Many Things which we had to track down and collect so we could go to an alternate world, get the cards that had been used up, get back, and fix reality.

When we went to the alternate world, he converted us to 5e D&D. Just handed us new character sheets where everyone's character had been converted. Magic worked different. Physics was altered. It was awesome. We're still in 5e world trying to get back to GURPS world.
khorboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:20 PM   #13
sparcipx

We just held the first event in our newly-revived Compendium-era Car Wars campaign, The Misfits of Div. 5.

It's a tweak of Corporate Car Wars, taking place in very small, very rural markets with little-to-no media coverage outside of the immediate area. Where the arena you're duelling in this weekend operates as the local stockyard the rest of the week.

Last edited by sparcipx; 11-23-2021 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Grammar, bold, and italics.
sparcipx is offline   Reply With Quote