Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 09-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
Storn

Default Art for games

I've got similar threads on similar forums, but I dont' have one here. If this makes the admins uncomfortable... please strike it.

The General section seemed like a decent place to put up some of the art that I do for my own games and for other's folks.

Since we are about to embark on a Cold City game, I sketched my character while having a beer in a bar. Then I inked it, cause I wanted that Noir vibe.

Here is Johnny Wolfgang, US army deserter and black marketeer.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...fgangloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/
Storn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:37 AM   #2
Hakubak

Default Re: Art for games

Very nice! You certainly got the noir look you were going for.

I wish I had the time and talent. Just lately I've been trying to paint some miniatures again. I read a lot about techniques during the past few years. There is a world of difference between knowing how something is done and actually being able to do it.

It doesn't help that I'm colorblind and my 'up close' vision is going.

Anyway, drawing realistic faces with compelling expressions is among the hardest things artists attempt. Well done!
Old 09-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
DryaUnda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakubak
[D]rawing realistic faces with compelling expressions is among the hardest things artists attempt. Well done!
Not to mention realistic proportions while maintaining sexiness.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
Hakubak

Yeah. I didn't mention that. I'm a guy. It's not a guy thing.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Personally, I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. And don't even ask about my curves, they're absymal. I use Daz 3D. The program is free, they get you with the content.

Here are a few of the pics I've done with Daz.
Alishira for MonkeyFist's Final Fantasy game.
Blue Electron from my Super San Diego game.
Liberty Cross also from Super San Diego.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:01 AM   #6
Storn

This was drawn during the last Legend of 5 Rings game I was in. It meets infrequently, as its players are scattered across the east coast and Michigan. But it is one of my favorite games to play in.

This is Kitsune Aki of the Fox clan. Who is my character's betrothed. Which is a complicated mess, because my character, Tsuntake, is moving out of the Dragon clan and almost at the point of being adopted into the Unicorn clan. Tsun's mom was Unicorn, who died saving my father. I was rasied to take her place. But it means getting both my father and my "clan father" to sign off on the marriage.

War has brought the necessity for the Unicorn to call upon the Fox, especially their shugenjas. So, my clan father is not to opposed to having a marriage between me and the Fox... and my school is trained in guarding shugenjas... which I've done for the Unicorn on numerous occasions.

anyway...blah, blah, blah...wanna hear about my character? <g>

Without further b.s., here is Aki.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...eAkkiloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/
Storn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn
I've got similar threads on similar forums, but I dont' have one here. If this makes the admins uncomfortable... please strike it.
An interesting idea, sort of an Actual Play thread, but from an artist's POV. Nifty idea; let's just focus more towards the games, and less on your commissions, and it'll be fine.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #8
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Here is Ekaterina from a cyberpunk game. This is her alter-ego Murasaki Oni. I haven't converted her into GURPS yet. And her Hero stats were a bit on the hinky side.

I re-did Violet over the weekend after getting some input from my gamers and some co-workers. Here are her GURPS stats (page 1, page 2). We use Multiplicative Modifiers in our Supers Games. I'm stuck to 800x600 (or in this case 420x600), so I'm sorry her sheet isn't that legible.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #9
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

And here is the GURPS character sheet for Sakura from a little bit up in the thread.

Page 1 Page 2 Page 3
Old 09-20-2006, 07:35 AM   #10
Icelander

[COLOR=Black]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr
And here is the GURPS character sheet for Sakura from a little bit up in the thread.

Page 1 Page 2 Page 3
You'll hate me for saying this, but I just think that there is no way that her Custom Colts could carry 15 rounds of 45. ACP ammunition.

I mean, no matter how much you modify the basic design, the M1911 is still going to have a single-stack magazine. You won't get a 15 round magazine in a .45 unless you are willing to have the grip be absurdly broad and the magazine stick out quite a lot.

And ST 8? For someone who fires 2 .45 ACPs? You'll be operating at a stiff penalty most of the time.

*keeps rambling about perceived illogical genre conventions in games and fiction featuring underaged Japanese supergirls*

Tags
art