Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 06-17-2022, 08:05 PM   #1
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Components from Templates

Is there a way to load a template, then unattach the traits so they can be modified further? I've been looking at it, and without just adding everything manually, I can't seem to figure it out.

Sorry if I'm just being dense, but I'm really good at missing obvious things.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:18 PM   #2
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Default Re: Components from Templates

Discovered that I had to, manually, remove the Owned and Keeps tags from each of the components and that let me move them around how I wanted them.
Old 06-17-2022, 10:09 PM   #3
Armin
GCA Prime

Components were never intended to be split out like that, no, so there was never anything made to make trying to do it easier.
Old 06-17-2022, 10:21 PM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

Hmmm. I think it would be pretty easy to have something that could change a template/metatrait into a parent/child relationship instead, and even the other way around. It would *not* work for locked templates, though.
Old 06-18-2022, 11:57 AM   #5
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Hmmm. I think it would be pretty easy to have something that could change a template/metatrait into a parent/child relationship instead, and even the other way around. It would *not* work for locked templates, though.
I would really like something like that as many of the templates in the game I have to create manually so I can modify existing traits within the template (increasing DR or the like).
Old 06-22-2022, 01:13 PM   #6
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
I would really like something like that as many of the templates in the game I have to create manually so I can modify existing traits within the template (increasing DR or the like).
I think I've got a system in place to do that now. It converts a template into a parent/child structure, but keeps it in the templates listing. I may add something to let you swap it to a different list; not sure that's worth the effort.

I tested it using a function key trap I jammed in, so I still need to add something in the UI to allow for it; probably will end up on the right-click menu when you have a template selected.