Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2022, 07:54 AM   #11
Michael Thayne

Default Re: [Martial Arts] New perk idea: Two and a Half Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I'm not sure your perk does this either. Instead of having a swordsman master one skill for the sword, you have them still needing both skills, but now getting the benefits of both one and two-handed use.

This also doesn't really reflect any possible real world training because most of the benefits of two-handed use are very much a consequence of grip.

Although I am not sure why Weapon Adaptation doesn't work here.
So the thing about Weapon Adaptation, the canonical uses are all cases of using non-fencing weapons with fencing skills, which explicitly does give "fencing parries, superior retreats, and encumbrance penalties". In other use-cases, it's unclear what "all of the benefits and drawbacks of that skill" means, because you need to be able to distinguish between feature of the skill vs. feature of the weapon or grip. But maybe I'm overthinking this.