Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #21
Taliesin
Banned

Default Re: The 2010 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

Thank you. I like knowing a little about future releases to help me plan my purchases.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #22
jalapeno_dude
e23 Speculator

Pyramid #3/20 was released today, as expected. With luck we'll get a second new release next week.

Not a whole lot of other news to report, except that it looks like Tactical Shooting is moving forward, as are some new THS projects, which means Cities on the Edge could reappear...
Old 06-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #23
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapeno_dude View Post
June 24th: GURPS Spaceships 8: Transhuman Spacecraft

Out as expected
Old 06-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #24
jalapeno_dude
e23 Speculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Out as expected
Yep, got it on my second try. It also looks like the old Space Gamer issues are being scanned and uploaded several times a week.

In other news, Crusades and Tactical Shooting have entered the final review process and Transhuman Mysteries is now being edited.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #25
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Yep, got it on my second try. It also looks like the old Space Gamer issues are being scanned and uploaded several times a week.
Actually, those'll be piggybacking onto the usual Thursday release(s); the Tuesday release of Space Gamer was just to get the ball rolling . . . and it coincidentally provides an "extra" issue of Space Gamer leading into the break.

Quote:
In other news, Crusades and Tactical Shooting have entered the final review process and Transhuman Mysteries is now being edited.
Whoa! I'm not sure where you got your information above, but there's at least one significant factual mistake here.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #26
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
Actually, those'll be piggybacking onto the usual Thursday release(s); the Tuesday release of Space Gamer was just to get the ball rolling . . . and it coincidentally provides an "extra" issue of Space Gamer leading into the break.

Whoa! I'm not sure where you got your information above, but there's at least one significant factual mistake here.
The Kromm LJ post just said that a final draft of TS had been submitted.

EDIT:
Nothing about a final review

http://dr-kromm.livejournal.com/71110.html

Last edited by lachimba; 06-25-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Added Nothing about a final review
Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #27
jalapeno_dude
e23 Speculator

Quote:
Got it. Will add to opening posts.

Quote:
From Kromm:
"GURPS Crusades, by Eugene Moyers, is now in near-final PDF form for review."
"The final draft of GURPS Tactical Shooting, by Hans-Christian Vortisch, is now in our hands. PK is the editor."

From Phil Masters:
"Oh yeah - Transhuman Mysteries is now in editing."

Is one of those statements incorrect? Or does having the final draft != in final review?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #28
Daeglan

how long does final review take?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:49 AM   #29
SCAR

Quote:
Good call - I would have put DF11 or Plant Magic for yesterday!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
From Kromm:
"GURPS Crusades, by Eugene Moyers, is now in near-final PDF form for review."
"The final draft of GURPS Tactical Shooting, by Hans-Christian Vortisch, is now in our hands. PK is the editor."

From Phil Masters:
"Oh yeah - Transhuman Mysteries is now in editing."

Is one of those statements incorrect? Or does having the final draft != in final review?
Personal Blogs are great for us fans, but that aren't official announcements (as Kromm has said), and we cannot take something said on them as gospel. (Although they are probably as close to the truth as we really need!)

I suspect that 'mistake' is with Tactical Shooting, there is a big difference between 'Final Draft, Editing' and 'Final Review Process'.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:23 AM   #30
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAR View Post
[T]here is a big difference between 'Final Draft, Editing' and 'Final Review Process'.
Indeed... once the final draft is submitted, it needs to be reviewed, then edited. Once it's edited, it needs to be laid out as a final PDF. (At some point there, we need to get art as well.) Then that PDF needs to be reviewed as well, both for any problems relating to the layout and to allow for a fresh set of eyes for the GURPS reviewers to work their mojo; this is what most of us think of as the "final review process." (Once it's passed this final review process, there's actually another review process -- this is the equivalent of checking bluelines on a print product.)

The brief glimpse above into a document's life after its final draft is submitted is, in fact, one of the reasons I don't participate too much in speculation about when supplements will be released; any of the steps above can (and have!) result in a project being delayed, and there is no set period between "final draft submitted" and "final PDF is ready to upload once we click the button." I've honestly seen that process take a couple of weeks (rarely), but I've also seen it take years (rarely as well -- thankfully!). I'd much rather you all be pleasantly surprised when an unknown-but-interesting project makes its glorious debut, instead of wondering about why an anticipated project seems like it's in limbo.

(Having said that, I know that it can be fun as a fan to speculate about what's coming up -- but I'm also giving you a glimpse into the e23 Manager's mindset, and why I'm usually mum about most projects.)

I now leave you to your regularly scheduled speculation, already in progress. :-)
Closed Thread