Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #281
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae gives him a look of disbelief and confusion. Then she looks at Ryuki, the look on her face saying

He really has no idea, does he?
He really, really doesn't.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #282
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Corat is just sure 'cone zone' means something cool and tactical, but he doesn't want to let on that he doesn't know what it means. "Stay corporeal, and since the ambulance is full you can ride with us in the ice cream truck. Or on top of it, if you can secure yourself and have a weapon. That's where I plan to be."
*Laughter* The irony is, that was just his way of humorously referring to the ice-cream truck. But if it makes him look a little more badass to Corat, so be it.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #283
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim View Post
Ash ... for the drive to where ever.

Leaning out the window he tells those in the ice cream truck he'll follow them.
And that's the trick...wherever. See, the only way they're all going to get wherever (Corat will direct the ambulance to the Mojave, in this case the Lancaster side of it) in corporeal is if you have one or two on the roof, and this makes for slow going. There simply isn't physical room for everyone. However, since the ice cream truck is a tether, those angelic can simply slip through it to San Francisco, the Mojave, or anywhere else.

I'll post in character later today--it's Monday here and a busy day for me--unless Kane wants to finish the thought that Eli started for him. I was thinking that most of the angels would slip through, leaving few enough to man the ambulance only.

Let me try to get this straight then: the ambulance has the late Kingman and his stuff filling the back, Ash driving.

The ice cream truck holds Mitch who's minding DeShawn the apprentice, with Corat definitely strapped onto the roof and looking to shoot some demons, or do a 'cherub' impression if anyone looks too hard. The soldier Gilbert is driving.

So there's Ida and Zahirah, and Kane who's been asked to help defend the ice cream truck. There's one seat left in the ambulance, and one space in the truck (two if you really, really squeeze).

Gotta go...any consensus on the rules of tethers regarding what items you can bring through them? IIRC it's very limited.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #284
RadLilim

Quote:
Gotta go...any consensus on the rules of tethers regarding what items you can bring through them? IIRC it's very limited.
I think from canon its the same as what you can keep if you go celestial. If one knows the right song an angel can make anything a temporary relic, I can look up those rules if we need.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:06 PM   #285
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
I think from canon its the same as what you can keep if you go celestial. If one knows the right song an angel can make anything a temporary relic, I can look up those rules if we need.
I'll look at my Core tonight, but I don't have L.Castellorum at all. So if you could?
Old 11-01-2011, 04:54 AM   #286
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Assuming the tether rules are the same as merely going Celestial--and it looks that way, simply that a tether does not require a Will roll--assuming that's the case, it has one added advantage.

The way I'm reading that, the angel can take items "clothing plus up to Corporeal Forces x10 in other items". That's in both the pdf and the Unrepentant First Edition. Now I realize it probably means Corp x10 in pounds, but there's nothing says it doesn't mean Corp x 10 in Forces. Okay, that's a little high, but I like the concept. Maybe a sum of the two? In any case it means that if an angel grabs a jar and tries to go through, it would be easy with an ordinary and not too heavy jar...the kind that's essentially worthless. A medium jar with a very big baddie inside might not be able to go through, depending on the particulars of the numbers. And that, of course, is the kind you emphatically don't want to leave behind.

This leaves my basic dilemma concept intact, while freeing you folks of a lot of unnecessary cargo. Thoughts? I'll make an edit if the addenda fix this in any significant way.

-----------add
Posted a note about this on the errata thread.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-01-2011 at 07:01 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:42 AM   #287
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Free! Election night is over (though the wrapups of the after-effects may take some time). And once dress rehearsals end in a couple of days, my life can return to a semblance of normal again.

Sorry about the erratic posting lately, but things should now be able to quickly improve.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #288
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
--poke poke-- We need. If you have L. Cast., could you see what Beth's referring to here? What's the Forces limitation on passing through a tether? I've tried to grok it, but since a single angel can vary insanely on Forces it's hard for me to come up with a fair figure.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #289
RadLilim

Quote:
--poke poke-- We need. If you have L. Cast., could you see what Beth's referring to here? What's the Forces limitation on passing through a tether? I've tried to grok it, but since a single angel can vary insanely on Forces it's hard for me to come up with a fair figure.
"Only a limited number of Forces can go through a tether per round... The tether can be stretched by spending Essence, a point per Force beyond the capacity... Capacity is related to the tether's forces - roughly 5 Forces of capcity per tether force... Weak tethers have only a few forces (1-3), average ones have more (4-10) and strong ones are more impressive (11-20"

Thats pretty much it. With the caveat saying the GM can change as she sees fit.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #290
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Only a limited number of Forces can go through a tether per round... The tether can be stretched by spending Essence, a point per Force beyond the capacity... Capacity is related to the tether's forces - roughly 5 Forces of capcity per tether force... Weak tethers have only a few forces (1-3), average ones have more (4-10) and strong ones are more impressive (11-20"

Thats pretty much it. With the caveat saying the GM can change as she sees fit.
Excellent. Since the tether is canon IIRC I should be able to do the math...I have that book on pdf, don't I? Sometime today, depending on work.

---edit-- Not in Fall of the Malakim, so I'm misremembering. However the filterware here at work blocks out my Angelfire pages, so I'm going to wait 'til I get home to address this.

---edit again--
Given the relatively quiet activity that had to create such an odd tether, I'm putting it on the low end of Average (at least until, a year later in game time, it becomes Kogi). That means that you can pull approximately 20 Forces through it at once, so think your basic 9 Force angel plus 11 Forces of baddie.

Now to go get dinner and contemplate baddies.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-03-2011 at 02:06 AM. Reason: oops
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine