Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 10-19-2021, 02:17 PM   #11
43Supporter

Default Re: 6th Edition Dropped Foam ideas for Classic Use ?

Sounds like Rover from _The Prisoner_....

I don't remember anyone ever using the Gloop Gun while I was in NOVA.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:45 PM   #12
HeatDeath

Default Re: 6th Edition Dropped Foam ideas for Classic Use ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
In 6e, a foam launcher deploys a car-sized blob of foam, just the same way smoke/gas/oil generators deploy car-sized clouds or slicks, out the side or back depending on where the generator is mounted.

The blob of foam blocks line of sight, and if a car hits it it the car is unaffected in any way and the foam blob just gets pushed harmlessly around.

If a car pushes the blob into another car [or anything as or more substantial] the foam blob pops and disappears.

A fully loaded foam launcher can deploy four blobs of foam, and the design intent seems to be that a car can only mount one foam launcher.

They cost/take up approximately half the space/weight/$$$ of a standard machine gun or flamethrower.
It's worth noting that, in 6e, as a gameplay abstraction and simplification, dropped weapons launchers are prohibited from dropping anything onto a car, pedestrian, mine, or other hazard.

So you'll have to figure out your own interactions for what happens if you drop a blob of 6e foam onto a car, landmine, or pedestrian.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote