Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2022, 01:10 PM   #12
hal

Default Re: Vacc Suits

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
Do you know what title the issue ran under? I didn't buy many of the third series, but it's possible I might have that one.
Tech and Toys IV or issue 3/96. You will also want the 3/85 Pyramid because it adds in some TL 6-9 items as well.

Here is a sample suit for you:

TL 9 Improved Kevlar, flexible armor - Optimized fabric.

DR: 2
Weight: 2.7 lbs
Cost $220 final price (If styled like fashionable fabrics, the CF goes up by +4)

The cost to seal the suit (sealed advantage) is an extra $5 per square foot of armor, which raised the price by a little over an extra $100. ($5 x 21.35 sq ft).

The following options are available per the article:
Sealed
Waste-Relief System
Infrared Cloaking
Biomedical Sensors
Near Miss Indicator
Psionic Mind Shield
Personal Radar/Ladar Detector
Trauma Maintenance
Microbot Arteries
Climate Control
Desert Environment System (recycles water)
Extreme Climate Control
Air Supply
Life-Support System (LSS)
Extended Life-Support System (ELSS)
Power Pack

Please note too, that you can customize the suits by "size" in the sense that the rules give you ways to determine how bigger people will have a larger surface area, while smaller people will have a smaller surface area.

The material Improved Kevlar is in issue 3/85 - not 3/96. Me, I purchased all three issues for all of the tech level materials.

;)

Now, had you wanted a TL 9 Titanium Rigid plate style suit? It would be DR 3, weigh 10 lbs, and cost $1,300 before adding the vacuum sealed option (or roughly $100).

ADDENDA: almost forgot, you can add elements to the helmet like HUD, Radio communicators etc.

PS - if you want all three articles for building your own armor from TL 0 on up to Ultra-tech levels, you will also want issue 3/52. This will give you all of the materials possible for armor construction for all tech levels in GURPS 4th edition.

Last edited by hal; 01-24-2022 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Addenda
hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pavonis portal, social engineering