Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-27-2022, 11:34 AM   #1171
vicious Violence

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(OC: Vic, you used Luck for the roll. Have you already used Luck today (in-game)? Remember, it recharges uses over in-game time. The Goblin rolls a 5, for a margin of 5.)

The goblin simply spits and says, "Death."
Sorry, got confused.

Vic carries the goblin and dumps him in the fuming liquid head first and tied. Waits until he stops moving.

"To extract water from a rock, that is the philosopher's quest."

"Team, can we use this liquid to make bombs?"
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:42 AM   #1172
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
"Team, can we use this liquid to make bombs?"

"I do not believe I can. Fire... is not my element of choice."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:01 PM   #1173
Hide

Bain recovers his arrows and commends his friends for their great performance.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:06 AM   #1174
ajardoor

The party walks up the stairs. They lead up to a landing, then take a sharp turn to the right that ends in a short corridor with a door at the end.

(OC: It's bobby-trapped with a trip wire - for tripping. The adventurer in front (who is Vic the Digger, IIRC, but we can double-check the marching order established earlier if you want) must roll Observation or Per-based Traps at -5 to spot it in time or fall flat on their face for 1d-3 crushing damage. I ROLLED A 5. Vic the Digger, you might be okay...)

After getting past a trip wire on the stairs' lower course, the group reaches the door. It is locked, but not with a key-lock. Rather, it seems the door is latched on the other side.

(OC: Rolling DX-based Lockpicking skill will allow someone to slip a wire or slim blade between the door and the frame, and lift the latch in a minute.)
Old 05-11-2022, 09:36 AM   #1175
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
The party walks up the stairs. They lead up to a landing, then take a sharp turn to the right that ends in a short corridor with a door at the end.

(OC: It's bobby-trapped with a trip wire - for tripping. The adventurer in front (who is Vic the Digger, IIRC, but we can double-check the marching order established earlier if you want) must roll Observation or Per-based Traps at -5 to spot it in time or fall flat on their face for 1d-3 crushing damage. I ROLLED A 5. Vic the Digger, you might be okay...)

After getting past a trip wire on the stairs' lower course, the group reaches the door. It is locked, but not with a key-lock. Rather, it seems the door is latched on the other side.

(OC: Rolling DX-based Lockpicking skill will allow someone to slip a wire or slim blade between the door and the frame, and lift the latch in a minute.)

Vic barely sees the tripwire in time (perception is 11, 6 or less to succeed) and warns the other troopers.
Old 05-17-2022, 10:42 PM   #1176
Hide

Bain "picks the lock" and rolls (14) 6, he also checks for additional traps (14) 8.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:05 AM   #1177
ajardoor

Jimmying the latch, the door becomes unlocked.

Opening the door reveals a largely bare but sizeable chamber, all the furnishing piled against the far wall. Just visible behind all the cluttered boxes, barrels and debris is the top of a closed door at the far right corner.

Other than that, there's a few heaps of fur and cloth that serves as nests or beds for the large humanoids who have their weapons at the ready, apparently expecting you. The humanoids are hobgoblins, with flashing red eyes, boar-like rusks and beige blotchy skin. There is six of them in the room, two of them with longbows at the back aiming arrows at the door. The other four have medium shields and saw-toothed falchions. All of them wear crude metal plates with large gaps to protect their bodies.

(OC: They're not attacking yet. Either way, they're not surprised.)
Old 05-18-2022, 11:31 PM   #1178
vicious Violence

The team DOES NOT ENTER THE ROOM. We just opened the door without entering. Noted six enemies.

Last edited by vicious Violence; 05-18-2022 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2022, 11:03 AM   #1179
ajardoor

A few second after the party and the hobgoblins start staring each other down, a portal opens up above the party's backline.

Kinclad the Wizard falls out of it. The portal immediately closes after dumping him there.

Kinclad himself does not understand what happened or where he is now. But he sees a bunch of adventurers in front of him so he quickly joins them. At the back of his mind, he wonders if something Weird is targeting him...
Old 06-03-2022, 12:11 PM   #1180
zoncxs

With a THUD, Kinclad lands with the grace of a cow. Before you is a man of average height, but noticeably on the thin side. He wears no armor except what looks like scale armor going from his shoulders and connecting to his gauntlets.

He notices the group, notices the Hobgoblins, and decides the group of adventurers was the better of the 2 choices.

"Stars and Stones." He curses. Wondering what took him away from his dinner and tossed him here.

"Shut up, this is NOT funny", he mutters to himself.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic