Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-11-2022, 10:26 AM   #1081
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"I have been to the Celestial Village and returned again, and I do have information to share. Can you get something more appropriate for your Emissary to wear, and perhaps some breakfast for Goliath and me while we wait for the council?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:54 AM   #1082
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I have been to the Celestial Village and returned again, and I do have information to share. Can you get something more appropriate for your Emissary to wear, and perhaps some breakfast for Goliath and me while we wait for the council?"
He says something in the native language, which Peter can't understand.

After establishing that Peter can't speak the native language at this point...

"Yes, We can get you clothing and food... that answer was rather evasive. You succeeded then? It means a great to us, especially the Priests. I would love to shout for joy"

"Do you mind explaining what happened to your clothing?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:24 PM   #1083
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Yes, We can get you clothing and food... that answer was rather evasive. You succeeded then? It means a great to us, especially the Priests. I would love to shout for joy"

"Do you mind explaining what happened to your clothing?"
Peter becomes annoyed and gets a sour look on his face. Something comes over him. He feels a tremble in his fingers and they curl into fists and the box falls to the ground as he steps toward the man, extending a finger and pointing at him with a stabbing motion.

"I do mind. I'm a little tired of explaining myself and not being treated with respect. If you know who I am, then go ahead and shout for joy that I came back, all the way while you run and get me Kyridas..."

Peter stands naked for all to see... realization starts to sink in and he tries to hang on to his indignant body language as long as he can, staving off embarrassment. " and some pants. And maybe some breakfast. But not in that order."
Old 05-12-2022, 09:34 AM   #1084
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Peter becomes annoyed and gets a sour look on his face. Something comes over him. He feels a tremble in his fingers and they curl into fists and the box falls to the ground as he steps toward the man, extending a finger and pointing at him with a stabbing motion.

"I do mind. I'm a little tired of explaining myself and not being treated with respect. If you know who I am, then go ahead and shout for joy that I came back, all the way while you run and get me Kyridas..."

Peter stands naked for all to see... realization starts to sink in and he tries to hang on to his indignant body language as long as he can, staving off embarrassment. " and some pants. And maybe some breakfast. But not in that order."
That's an intimidation roll... Peter has two ways to default that to 9, plus he has charisma, which gives +1 here (influence roll), and a +2 situational bonus for (presumably) having talked with the gods.

The Priest says "Yes, of course", and leaves the room. Shortly afterwards, Peter gets priestly robes, a plate of food, and an assurance that Kyridas is coming.

He still doesn't understand the local language.

Kyridas is not long in coming, and has obviously been woken out of bed.

"Do you have the Answers to the questions?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-12-2022, 09:56 AM   #1085
the_matrix_walker

Peter shares the food with Goliath and makes sure the dog is well-fed, saving himself just a few bites.

When Kyridas arrives and asks, Peter responds "I have some of the answers I went for and some other info... A bunch of the gods gave me these kinda spell charms that the priests and followers should be able to sense if they look. Can you sense them?"

He adds...

"I kind of lost my temper with the priest questioning me... I think I was just a bit Hangry. if I'm going to be the emissary, can you get the word out to not ask me dumb questions and just get you or the highest priest they can when I show up? Maybe to expect to bring me some clothes and maybe Goliath and I some breakfast?"

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 05-12-2022 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:59 AM   #1086
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
When Kyridas arrives and asks, Peter responds "I have some of the answers I went for and some other info... A bunch of the gods gave me these kinda spell charms that the priests and followers should be able to sense if they look. Can you sense them?"

No, I cannot sense them... what did they tell you to do with the charms?

Old 05-12-2022, 05:02 PM   #1087
the_matrix_walker

"The first one to give me a charm was Yu-Pelor, and he said that if I touched the captain, he would know we had spoken... So maybe I need to touch the follower of the god that matches the charm."
Old 05-13-2022, 08:53 AM   #1088
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Kyridas asks for a list of answers, and assigns an acolyte to write them all down for Peter before he forgets. He sends messages to the people Peter has charms for.

Kyridas realizes Peter can't speak the local language.

"But I'm cautious about giving you the language until after you deliver your charms."

Peter is brought to an auditorium, and people begin to come in. The clothes look fairly fancy for around here. Finally, a man who Kyridas introduces as the captain is called to the stage.

Peter touches him, and the man's eyes go wide, and then glaze over. After a very long pause and silence, he turns to the auditorium and shouts something, and the sparsely filled auditorium erupts into cheering and applause.

Old 05-13-2022, 12:16 PM   #1089
the_matrix_walker

Peter will call out the names he recalls and deliver his charms, and then requests the magic for the language. The young man delivers the advice, anecdotes, and recommendations from the gods to the best of his recollections.

Peter feels strange with all this attention on him... There is some nervous energy, and a feeling of empowerment, but he can't put it into words. He lets the reality that they have an Emissary sink in and awaits their reactions.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:30 AM   #1090
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The charms are delivered quickly, one after the other. After each, there is a word from the recipient, and a cheer from the audience.

Tuvo Kyridas. gives the gift of speech again, using his smoking censer and the chant. He feels the magic coming from inside the priest and move into his mind as the magical fuzz, giving him access to the language.

This is a public speaking situation... performance would also work, but his defaults are the same for both: effective skill 7. Rolling: he rolls an 11, for a failure by 4.

The nervous energy effects his performance: its quite apparent to the onlookers that he's a kid, and he has several awkward pauses and moments when his mind just goes blank.

Tags
lost in dreams