Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2022, 08:30 AM   #791
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well first I'll conceal the bleeding of my missing arm, get dressed, and try to pose as a vagrant or something and wait them out. [Disguise for that, Acting to pretend to be a vagrant]

I'll wait, I dunno, an hour. I'll wonder a little about why they have a tunnel leading out of the basement to begin with.
I think she can just stick that arm down her pants where it usually goes. Roll first aid.

The Knight Shamans pay little attention to the beggar, looking instead for the tentacled monster from who-knows where.

Halcyone's urban survival indicates that the tunnel is there to put great big objects in the basement without using the stairs... like giant blocks of ice.

I think during that hour the speech is going to happen, and we've caught up with V.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:33 AM   #792
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious is shadowing the more violent rabble-rouser from the speech...

Did we plan a check-in?
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:00 AM   #793
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think she can just stick that arm down her pants where it usually goes. Roll first aid.
Quote:
[488] 22-08-05 16:58:12 BST
First Aid
3d6 <= 16
3 + 5 + 3 = 11 ... success
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone's urban survival indicates that the tunnel is there to put great big objects in the basement without using the stairs... like giant blocks of ice.
Well, I was more wondering why would they still need a tunnel. Weren't the melders all done away years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think during that hour the speech is going to happen, and we've caught up with V.
Could I redeploy my swarms in the grand order building to see if they have any interesting to say about me? Maybe there are conspirators who might see a connection between the attack and whatever they're planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Did we plan a check-in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
As the speech concludes, Vassarious shadows the extremist who showed the more violent tendencies and prepares to check in with Halcyone...
I think you wanted one.

"So, how's your end of the investigation going? I underestimated how difficult it would be to deal with a couple knight shamans, so I guess the knight shamans are on alert now. Hopefully you've had more success."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:15 PM   #794
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"From the little technological snoopers I've seen about, I'm guessing you already have a pretty good idea. I had a lovely dinner with a Knight Shaman named Yorkig and toured their facility and inspected some of the dwarven artifacts and a text left behind. I tried to give your bugs a good view of the book titled "Principles of StoneWyrk" so it can be reviewed later. I was able to inspect their 15 frozen charges while I was there. I am now friendly with several of their number, which could come in handy, and I studied their forms, and that of the stone melders, so I can attempt to use those shapes if we think they will be of use.

I attended the speech, and there was a person of interest I am currently tailing... they had a more violent predilection than the other rabble-rousers, and so I am investigating.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:27 PM   #795
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I had a lovely dinner with a Knight Shaman named Yorkig and toured their facility and inspected some of the dwarven artifacts and a text left behind. I tried to give your bugs a good view of the book titled "Principles of StoneWyrk" so it can be reviewed later."
"I'll check and see whether the book is readable."
I do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I was able to inspect their 15 frozen charges while I was there.
"I suppose you got as good a look at the foggy blocks as the bugs did. I think somebody removed one of the blocks, but I wasn't able to confirm whether one of the blocks doesn't have a stone melder inside."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I attended the speech, and there was a person of interest I am currently tailing... they had a more violent predilection than the other rabble-rousers, and so I am investigating.
"Need any help tailing him? Otherwise, I'll head back to the room and review the speech. Maybe get an idea if the rabble rousers are actually doing anything."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:31 AM   #796
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I'll check and see whether the book is readable."
I do that
"I am able to read the text, I simply did not have the time to do so without it being obvious that I could do so."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Need any help tailing him? Otherwise, I'll head back to the room and review the speech. Maybe get an idea if the rabble rousers are actually doing anything."
"I believe I have this in hand for now. Let me know if you find anything interesting in your review of your technological divination."
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.