Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-06-2021, 08:13 AM   #751
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

They are about 10 feet from the center of the circle when the bright green demon with the black mane catches them out of the corner of its eye. It turns and gives a deep roar. Its about 30 feet away. The Elephant demon turns to look around, and the two resting demons begin to right themselves.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:03 PM   #752
the_matrix_walker

"Anil, I have a crazy idea, don't think it will work, but if it does, follow my lead!"

Peter takes another step toward the fire pit, and concentrates on the bright green demon as he declares... "I choose you as my champion!" but keeps the bow trained on the creature.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:48 AM   #753
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The green creature bellows again. Peter thinks he sees a weird glint of silver lines on its chest. The pattern reminds Peter of something, but he's not sure what. It starts to run towards Peter and Anil. The elephant spots the two boys, as do the partially roused demons.

Anil continues towards the firepit, weapons out and trained on the various dangers.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 07-15-2021, 05:32 PM   #754
the_matrix_walker

"Well, that didn't work!" Peter moves toward the fire pit and drops his bow, pulling out his bundle trying to ignite the kindling as he steps within range to toss it in. (Unless he was able to add the powder I mentioned in my spoiler before, then he'll want to toss it in the pit before dropping the match.)
Old 07-16-2021, 07:44 AM   #755
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter got some powder to start the kindling more quickly, and wrapper it up with his bundle. He also has a match. That will take two rounds with a successful DX check.

Round 1:
  • Peter drops the bundle in the firepit and goes down to one knee.
  • Green Demon moves combat range with Anil, missing its first wild swipe.
  • Anil steps to block the demon's charge at Peter, and fires a pistol shot into the creature (6 pi+ damage). This opens a smoking hole in it.
  • Elephant demon starts lumbering towards them from a different angle (20 yards away).
  • The red demon and cobra demon finish standing up.
Round 2:

• Peter rolls vs DX -- an 11! he just makes it, and the sparking match falls on the powder, which ignites, and the whole bundle goes up in flame unnaturally quickly.
  • The green Demon tries to grab Anil's sword arm, but can't seem to find an opening.
  • The Three remaining demons close in on the fire pit from their various locations. If Peter is at 6 o'clock, Anil is at 9 o'clock, Green demon is at 11 o'clock, elephant is coming in at 1 o'clock (2 yards away from the firepit), Snake is coming in at 3 yards away at 3 o'clock, and red is closing in on Anil's flank at 9 o'clock (3 yards away from the pit, 2 yards from Anil)

Old 07-20-2021, 08:19 AM   #756
the_matrix_walker

Peter readies his knife and moves to be adjacent to Anil so the boys can protect each other's backs. Peter resists the urge to grab on to the first burst of smoke, leaving it to Anil, reminding himself it's the other boy's challenge.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:37 AM   #757
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The smoke is already twisting and curling into some shape

Round 3:

• Peter draws his blade
  • Anil tosses his pistol to one side and moves his fingers at the smoke...Peter hears him say in a strained voice "No...!"
  • The snake demon closes with peter, studying him as it moves in. The elephant demon is coming around its side.
  • The Green Demon tries to grab Anil's sword... at least Peter thinks that what the wild swing was aiming at. Smoke continues to pour from the wound in its side.
  • The red demon stoops to look at the thrown pistol.

Old 07-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #758
the_matrix_walker

Peter concentrates on defense ((AoD: Double)).

"Anil, are you getting it? Should I try?"

Peter sends a message to "insector" to try and lose his pursuers and come for the circle to aid them.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #759
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Anil, are you getting it? Should I try?"
Round 4:

• Anil: "No, Its fighting me!". He continues trying to divide his attention between the demons and the curling smoke
  • The Red Demon picks up the pistol.
  • The Green Demon strikes at Anil, but he parries with the saber, leaving a small smoking scratch.
  • The snake demon strikes at peter with a hand full of claws. Unless peter parries successful, he will take damage.
  • The elephant demon moves to within striking range of Peter.

Quote:
Peter sends a message to "insector" to try and lose his pursuers and come for the circle to aid them.
It will take several seconds to do, but is happening.

Old 07-22-2021, 03:53 PM   #760
the_matrix_walker

Peter steps back and parries (Retreating default knife Parry - 9) (roll: 1+3+4=8 - success!) (roll to damage attacker from armed parry: 2+4+5= 11 - fail!)

The boy does not see a martial victory against these monsters as a possibility... he tries another desperation move... He steps back toward Anil and reaches out and puts his hand on his shoulder and concentrates... It works in the movies! He envisions his will and magic pouring into Anil to help him with his task. If a connection of some kind happens, he will give Anil all of the energy he can muster.

Tags
lost in dreams