Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-09-2023, 09:20 AM   #1291
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Question People:
"You can track but lack weapons? Ha! that's the opposite of everyone else here! We can use you, if only to break off from the main group. And that dog sounds useful. Be sure to bring food for the trail."

Demonstration People:
"Fine tracking for a mortal. Stealth needs work, but he knows the basics. Familiar with the bow. For just part of the meal, he's probably worth the gamble. He'd be especially useful on a multi-day trip."

He can choose between either of those two groups, or grab a stick and be a beater. Let me know what he chooses.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:18 PM   #1292
the_matrix_walker

Peter will provision himself and go with the questioning group that seems to value him as a tracker.

He will borrow, rent or buy a bow if he is able.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:28 AM   #1293
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Does he prefer to buy the bow or to rent it? No one is "renting" bows per se, but he can borrow one in exchange for a gift*... somehow that matters to them. That night, he dreams of oversized lizards and giant rats with oversized tusks... is that in these woods?

He sets out with the five divinities in the morning:
  • Urs-Pen, A warrior God and sibling to two others. Carries a Bow and a spear
  • Yal-Pona, A Goddess of the wild, who isn't armed but seems like the main tracker. one of the siblings
  • Pal-Ursta, A city Patron and one of the siblings. He carries a spear.
  • Tym-Burzu, A city God with javelins and who can run quite quickly
  • Gim-Hyris, A city Patron with more muscles than could possibly be natural. He has a giant spear with a long enough edge to cut.

They spend most of the morning walking out to the good hunting grounds: most the game near the camp have already been hunted out. Goliath follows, as does the Raven. Yal-Pona asks if the bird is with Peter, or if they should go ahead and bag it.

* I rolled his search of IQ vs 11.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-11-2023, 06:50 AM   #1294
the_matrix_walker

Peter will buy a bow with his earnings and if he is able to purchase some treats before heading out, he will bring then to share them with his companions. Little gifts for everyone.

He does his best to be helpful and make frends with the group.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 01-11-2023 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:54 AM   #1295
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter will buy a bow with his earnings and if he is able to purchase some treats before heading out, he will bring then to share them with his companions. Little gifts for everyone.
The purchases take up the bulk of what he has earned so far, but he can afford it all, and Tar Billik is willing to help.

Quote:
He does his best to be helpful and make friends with the group.
During the walk out in the morning they're not even trying to hunt, they just talk. Mostly boasting to Peter about deeds seemingly tangential to hunting they performed centuries ago.

Quote:
Goliath follows, as does the Raven. Yal-Pona asks if the bird is with Peter, or if they should go ahead and bag it.
I still need a reaction to this.

Old 01-11-2023, 03:12 PM   #1296
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The purchases take up the bulk of what he has earned so far, but he can afford it all, and Tar Billik is willing to help.
For a bow and some pasteries? I under the impression that he was ready to go hut shopping.

Quote:
During the walk out in the morning they're not even trying to hunt, they just talk. Mostly boasting to Peter about deeds seemingly tangential to hunting they performed centuries ago.
Peter enjoys the tales and tries to be a good sport. He tells them the comical tales of his and Goliath's early hunting attempts.
Quote:
I still need a reaction to this.
Sorry!

Peter would explain Dahlia is with him!
Old 01-12-2023, 11:23 AM   #1297
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
For a bow and some pasteries? I under the impression that he was ready to go hut shopping.
Huts are comparatively cheap and bows comparatively expensive. Anyone can get sticks and vines and mud here. The skill to make a bow is much more rare.

Quote:
Peter enjoys the tales and tries to be a good sport. He tells them the comical tales of his and Goliath's early hunting attempts.
They laugh, as long as he tells his stories short enough.

Quote:
Peter would explain Dahlia is with him!
Yal-Pona: "I thought that might be the case. I can do that when I use my power: what are you using?"

When they get far enough out, they begin looking around for signs of animals. Go ahead and roll survival.

Old 01-13-2023, 11:32 AM   #1298
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Huts are comparatively cheap and bows comparatively expensive. Anyone can get sticks and vines and mud here. The skill to make a bow is much more rare.
Fair enough. I read to much into the statement that he was going to be the richest around soon...

He will just buy the supplies and treats then and either borrow a bow if offerred or just track and go without one.

Quote:
Yal-Pona: "I thought that might be the case. I can do that when I use my power: what are you using?"
"A bit of food here and there, talking to her softly and winning her trust and making friends. There's no magic to it. How does it work with your power?"
Old 01-17-2023, 10:24 AM   #1299
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"A bit of food here and there, talking to her softly and winning her trust and making friends. There's no magic to it. How does it work with your power?"
"Some of that soft talking, but my power guides me, and it guides the beasts as well. A nudge here, a push there. I can bind the minds of beasts and fowls, of course, but for a companion, friendship works best... brought along by subtle influence. Perhaps I'm too reliant on it."

Old 01-18-2023, 07:03 AM   #1300
the_matrix_walker

"I think it would be awesome to be able to talk to critters send little mental messages, but bending the will of an animal seems... I dunno, impolite?"

Peter will find a little time to practice his puff of smoke and see if he can grab that puff and make it into a tiny Karana insect scout to help them track.

Tags
lost in dreams