Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-11-2022, 09:00 AM   #1221
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter will stick the "note" under the bed. He sits by the door, even though he did not give her a purpose.
There is no bed. He hides the remainder of the sandwich, and sits by the door.

Quote:
"Nope, I speak the truth!" Peter presses his thumb to his pinky and holds up three fingers as he says this

"No, I'll get home eventually. I'll just lurk around here for a while before I move on."
"You aren't getting home. I thought I made that clear."

Quote:
"Of course I don't have memories of being born, but I was raised in the suburbs with my parents. I WISH they were millionaires! ...What's a creche?"
"A creche... A public center for the communal and efficient raising of children."

"Suburbs... What did your parents do for a living?"

"So, do you know what your extra DNA is designed to do? Or maybe just suspect?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:39 PM   #1222
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"You aren't getting home. I thought I made that clear."
"You made it clear that that's what you think. We'll have to agree to disagree."
Quote:
"Suburbs... What did your parents do for a living?"
"They couldn't afford a state-of-the-art bio-hemorrhoid or whatever you call it, that's for sure."
Peter tilts his head slightly and smiles, believing that to be objectively funny.

Quote:
"So, do you know what your extra DNA is designed to do? Or maybe just suspect?"
"I wasn't designed, I evolved. How did you test my DNA without a sample anyway?"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:58 AM   #1223
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"You made it clear that that's what you think. We'll have to agree to disagree."
"I'll happily increase your security... would you like a personal thug or a set of cuffs around your legs?"

Quote:
"They couldn't afford a state-of-the-art bio-hemorrhoid or whatever you call it, that's for sure."
Peter tilts his head slightly and smiles, believing that to be objectively funny.
"That doesn't answer my question. What did they do? you could be a gift, or a job"

Quote:

"I wasn't designed, I evolved. How did you test my DNA without a sample anyway?"
"We took a sample when we grabbed you. It was simple. Just a little wiping, and a little testing, and its really obvious which one was you. Would you like us to retest?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-13-2022, 01:02 PM   #1224
the_matrix_walker

((I swear I posted this last night... what in the what!!?!!?))

"I promise you, you're wrong. I'm all natural. I'm not answering any more questions unless you do something for me. I want my dog. Does he have any weird DNA? I'm sure you tested him too. If you return him to me I'll fill in all the blanks, but I'm not sure you'll believe me."
Old 10-17-2022, 09:30 AM   #1225
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"I promise you, you're wrong. I'm all natural. I'm not answering any more questions unless you do something for me. I want my dog. Does he have any weird DNA? I'm sure you tested him too. If you return him to me I'll fill in all the blanks, but I'm not sure you'll believe me."

"My technicians assure me that you are very much outside of baseline humanity. You may have been convinced that you are normal, that you are the proper legitimate mundane product of your parents, but you are not. Your birth is a lie. Your parents are a lie. Your life, is likely a lie. I will uncover that lie."

"I will bring your dog, and you will tell me the mundane details of your supposed life. What your suburb is called. The names of your parents, and their supposed professions. Got it?"

"And yes, we have tested the dog. Good stock, artisanal, even, but ordinary."

Old 10-18-2022, 12:39 AM   #1226
the_matrix_walker

Peter decides there is little to lose and when he is reunited with Goliath, he tells him what he wants to know. Mom's an architect and Dad teaches school in the next town over. They are from Burlington, in a state far away, and he tells him of several vivid memories trying to demonstrate that he is real, despite that likely simply making him think Peter is well programmed.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:17 AM   #1227
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Goliath is brought in locked in a padded cage with wheels. He barks at Peter, Happy to see him.

"Burlington... Burlington... You think you're from earth. You think you're from old earth. The USA. What year? Did they give a year? Why would someone do this? Where are they hiding it? Is this for pleasure or research? are they honest with themselves about that?"

Half of this is to Peter, half of it seemingly to himself.

"How did you get in here? How did you leave home?"

Old 10-18-2022, 10:08 PM   #1228
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Goliath is brought in locked in a padded cage with wheels. He barks at Peter, Happy to see him.
"He's very well trained, and I promise we will behave."
Peter will flash his disarming smile (in lieu of negotiation) and open the cage if his interviewer doesn't prevent him.
Quote:
"Burlington... Burlington... You think you're from earth. You think you're from old earth. The USA. What year? Did they give a year? Why would someone do this? Where are they hiding it? Is this for pleasure or research? are they honest with themselves about that?"
"I'm not from this world's America of old, I'm from MY world's America of right now. There, it's 2014. So, is this not Earth then?"

Quote:
"How did you get in here? How did you leave home?"
"You're not going to believe it, but I sometimes just wake up in strange places. Strange worlds. I've been to a couple of Earths, and much weirder places. If you could tell the people of Earth in 2014 something, what would it be? I'll tell them when I get home... What is your name, by the way? That's a great outfit."
Old 10-19-2022, 08:18 AM   #1229
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"He's very well trained, and I promise we will behave."
Peter will flash his disarming smile (in lieu of negotiation) and open the cage if his interviewer doesn't prevent him.
The Cage is locked, not latched.

"I think I'll keep the enormous dog in his cage. Its safer that way."

Quote:
"I'm not from this world's America of old, I'm from MY world's America of right now. There, it's 2014. So, is this not Earth then?"

"You're not going to believe it, but I sometimes just wake up in strange places. Strange worlds. I've been to a couple of Earths, and much weirder places. If you could tell the people of Earth in 2014 something, what would it be? I'll tell them when I get home... What is your name, by the way? That's a great outfit."
"This is a habitat, not Earth. The year is 2308. And your "home" on "earth" is a fake, a monument or replica of a place that once existed. Its either a very elaborate habitat or a virtual world. What would I tell them? I'd ask them why they chose 2014, and how close to the history they are getting."

"You may call me 'Slick'."

"give me a list of those worlds. It may be useful."

Old 10-20-2022, 12:16 AM   #1230
the_matrix_walker

"I think I'm being pretty cooperative. Can you give me a room with some furniture and let me keep Goliath with me if I keep telling you what you want and working with you here? ... Tell you what Slick, I'll bet I can show you something that you've never seen on this world, if I'm right, you give me a nicer room with a bed and my pet, and I'll cooperate however I can while I'm here."

Tags
lost in dreams