Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #211
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Default Re: GURPS On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
The diagnosis, though I'll not comment about the utility of it in the real world, is at the very least broad enough to encompass people who would not be accurately modelled with a severe and full-blown GURPS Disadvantage that makes the character a psychological cripple. Actual, diagnosed PTSD can come in the form of any one of a range of disadvntages, including both severe ones and some that are comparatively fairly minor Disadvantages, and even, yes, Quirks.
Still doesn't mean most people have PTSD upon returning from combat. The statistics I've seen are that roughly 20% or returning military members have diagnosable PTSD, and that includes the people who only have symptoms at the quirk level.

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fright check, fright checks, men against fire, on killing, psychology, realism, realistic, sla marshall