Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
ajardoor

Default [MA] Game terms for these kills

Okay, so this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=FGjMjFNhFrg) [spoilers for the video game Dishonored, violent content] shows some kills with a melee weapon - the fencing sabre I believe?

So if you wanted to pull off these moves in GURPS, presumably according to Martial Arts guidelines, break down the manoeuvres and combat options used turn-by-turn.

I think one of the last ones involved a Reverse Grip thrust which left the sword in (Turn 1), followed by a torso grapple to the stunned target (Turn 2), followed by a quick contest to spin the target's facing (MA118, Turn 3), followed by an All-Out Attack (Double) to grapple the neck with both hands (Turn 4), followed by a Neck Snap to kill the target over another two or so turns (Turns 5-6?), and finish with a Ready to pull the sword back out.
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
zoncxs

Default Re: [MA] Game terms for these kills

first kill:

crit on swing attack to arm, maximum damage causing it to be severed.

followed by a grapple to the neck.

followed by a sword thrust to vitals, its just a special effect that he went through the neck down into the chest to stab the heart.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Icelander

Default Re: [MA] Game terms for these kills

As regards the weapon, I'd call it too substantial to use the Sabre stats from the Basic Set. I'd call it mid-way between that weapon and the Cavalry Saber. In my campaign, I'd call it a sw cut; thr+1 imp weapon weighing 2.5 lbs., with MinST 9 and usable with Broadsword, Saber or Shortsword skills. Essentially, a slightly longer Shortsword or a light hunting sword/hanger, just at the breakpoint between Shortsword and Broadsword.*

It's not got a fancy guard or anything, so a basic version of it shouldn't cost more than $500. Game balance might require us to call it $800, as it's a very flexible weapon. If one wanted, one could demand a Weapon Adaptation Perk to use it with Saber, which would mean that a cost of $450** would be more than enough.

*Which it is somewhat ridiculous to split into two skills anyway.
**It's a larger Shortsword or a smaller Cavalry Saber. A cost mid-way between the two seems eminently fair.

Tags
dishonored, martial arts