Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #14
Vaevictis Asmadi

Default Re: GURPS: Ecosystems and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiMaster View Post
Another question I need to write down: If you have four animals, A consumes its body weight per day, B is just like A but has trait X and consumes 3/4 its body weight, C is just like A but has the (non-conflicting) trait Y and also consumes 3/4, and D has traits X and Y. How much should D consume?
The easy answer would be (3/4)^2, but it's probably also wrong. Trait X and trait Y are presumably biological traits, and how they interact with each other in the body of animal D depends entirely on the animal's physiology and what exactly the two traits do to the animal's metabolism, and to its other bodily functions that ultimately impact its energy budget. I think the question is just too complex to answer, except by conducting in-depth studies of real animals.

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aliens, ecology, ecosystems, evolution, space