Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
Ubiquitous

Default Tactical Shooting Positions

I was reading an old James Bond book, and it took the time to describe an interesting shooting pose; pistol-arm held out straight, body turned to the side. This has the advantages of making a much smaller shooting target, and looking badass. I don't know if Tactical Shooting covers poses like this (or if anyone can tell me if it does, suppliment content disclosure I've noticed is touchy around here, and I suppose for good reason) but what are the disadvantages to this pose? I don't think you'd get any penalties for it, since GURPS is exceedingly liberal with how you can dodge, and I believe it's a -2 for hitting side-profile targets, so there's that as well.

It discourages the Weaver position, so there's that, but a -2 defensively is a good trade-off for the +1 offensively.

Can anyone name and other good shooter stances like this, and does this one pass muster for realistic enough to work?
Ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote