Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #721
Lamech

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

Okay here will be the final version of the cool gift, assuming approval:

Regeneration Fast (1FP/minute): Fatigue Only-0% Draw Power Only-80% Pact-10% [10]

Notes: Allows indefinite maintenance of one draw power spell. This was rated at rare because one spell is about as narrow as ultraviolet lasers, or dragon's fire. (pg 46 Basic) Arguably this may deserve a lesser limitation due to the other stuff on John's sheet.

Magery +4 (Dance Limitation -40%, Pact -10%)

Notes: John's power increases with drawing upon the energy of the storm. Huzzah!

Skills:
Energy School: Draw Power TL 8^, Steal Power TL 8^ (VH), Conduct Power TL 8^ (VH), Seek Power TL 8^ (VH),
Enchantment School: Enchant (VH), Ensorcel (VH), Malefice (VH),
Knowledge School: Seeker
Mundane Skills Artist (Body Art) [2]
Notes: Okay now John can grant people power by tattooing them. He does this by casting Ensorcel on them with the limitation that the target can end the spell by destroying the tattoo. I recommend basing the cost reduction on not how easy it would be for the target to break the spell, but how easy it would be for the enemy to break the spell, if the spell is beneficial. Draw power was included so John could have the juice to pull it off. Blood is optional. Apparently, this guy is not a jackass genie.

I still need to pick out ten points of other benefits for John, but this is the gift if approved. That all work?
Hiriko
Andrew

Last edited by Lamech; 07-18-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #722
rorikdude12

Nah, we can assume Jacob would yield.
rorikdude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #723
Totem

I'm back in circulation until next Saturday. I'll try to review character sheets before then, and I apologise now for any shifts in the pace of the action over the coming week; I'm aiming to leave things somewhere sensible while I'm away rather than on a cliffhanger.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #724
momothefiddler

While Sense Foes is apparently resisted by Hide Emotion and probably other spells, it seems really impressive for a cost of 2 and a prerequisite count of 0. The fact that it can also be used on an area is just a bonus.

I'm not sure why I hadn't noticed it before....

Also, I just realized that, as an information spell, it should probably be rolled by the GM. Feel free to reroll that in secret if necessary.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #725
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorikdude12 View Post
Looks okay, except for this: I only make your point count 283 rather than 288. It should be 288, so I'm guessing that some points got displaced somewhere. Please total up your sheet and I'll have another look over my copy when I've gone over everyone else's.

Other thought: if Jacob is taking Panoptic Vision then he could throw in some other semi-plausible physical enhancements at the same time. Take a look in the body modifications section of Ultra Tech for a few ideas on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
My current sheet is here, with two points left for retention. I'm pretty sure everything here has been confirmed, but let me know if I need to change anything.
Looks good. A thought though; when I asked for background details before (in PM) it was mentioned that Jorin doesn't have disadvantages related to his high status because he has had little need to evaluate class structure. I'm just thinking that such a (near) inability to recognise differences in class structure and social background might actually class as a disadvantage. A kind of anti-cultural adaptability, or an expectation of how things will be and confusion when they don't go that way. Just a thought, since such an inability would be outside the norm for a 0 point Human by my reckoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Advantages [152]
Telerecieve 3 [42]
Suggestion 3 [30]
Mind Surgeon 1[10]
telepathy talent 4 [20]
Mind Wipe: Affliction (Malediction 2 +150%, Affects Blazen +50%, Total Amnesia (not on blazen -20%) +20%, Daze +50%, Extended Duration *30 (not on Daze -25%)+45%, pact -10%, psionic telepathy power -10%) (+290%) [41]

Jumper (Psionic -10%, Heavy Encumbrance +30%, Tracking +20%, Reliable +5 (only when tracking -40%)+15%) [0]

Tactical reading perk [1]
Research Worlds (always have an exit) [1]

World Jumper [0]
+1 TL [5]

Skills [86]
(15+13+6+4+4+20+24)
Two points. I make your advantages 150 not 152. And your skill points I make to be 87 because I've still got you listed as having Psychology (Human). That takes you up to 302, which is 3 points unspent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
I still need to pick out ten points of other benefits for John, but this is the gift if approved. That all work?
Sorry for the delay. This all looks okay. Can I have an updated character sheet to work through rather than just the additional notes. I'll review properly then.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #726
momothefiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
Looks good. A thought though; when I asked for background details before (in PM) it was mentioned that Jorin doesn't have disadvantages related to his high status because he has had little need to evaluate class structure. I'm just thinking that such a (near) inability to recognise differences in class structure and social background might actually class as a disadvantage. A kind of anti-cultural adaptability, or an expectation of how things will be and confusion when they don't go that way. Just a thought, since such an inability would be outside the norm for a 0 point Human by my reckoning.
Ooh. I may have not worded that properly, then. I didn't mean that he had an inability to see these things; just that it had never really come up. He spent his life on the top of the heap and never had a particular reason to examine the bottom. It was meant to be a na´vetÚ along the lines of Marie Antoinette's supposed "Let them eat cake", rather than a fundamental inability. Call it privilege.

In other words, it's the difference between Mundane Background [-10], which must be bought off before learning anything, and coming from a world without magic, which means you don't get a default on Thaumatology.

Similarly, instead of Intolerance [-10] or Oblivious [-5], it's more like Cannot default on Expert Skill(Political Science) or Sociology [0].

Is that any clearer? I can certainly take a relevant disadvantage if you want to emphasize that, but I may already have crossed that line in the conversation with Zemski.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #727
rorikdude12

Huh, I think I'll save the 5 points for later.
rorikdude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #728
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
Is that any clearer? I can certainly take a relevant disadvantage if you want to emphasize that, but I may already have crossed that line in the conversation with Zemski.
I need to think on this one. It's one of those places where pure role-playing and having the disadvantages in there tends to cross over a bit. We'll see how much more it comes up in the future and work from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorikdude12 View Post
Huh, I think I'll save the 5 points for later.
Fair enough. I'll have another look over all of the character sheets when I get back.

Barring maybe posting tomorrow morning, this is going to be it until next Thursday evening at the earliest (more likely some time on Friday). I was hoping to leave things on less of a cliffhanger, but it will suffice for now. Discuss and plan as necessary, plus any thoughts that anyone has on the game and where it should go would be welcome.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #729
Lamech

Oh hey, next thursday! I was gonna claim overwork, which had delayed a updated character sheet (actually I'm still claiming that), but this means I'm not holding anyone back!
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #730
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
Oh hey, next thursday! I was gonna claim overwork, which had delayed a updated character sheet (actually I'm still claiming that), but this means I'm not holding anyone back!
And I'm back. Still waiting for John's SC/ Fright roll and character sheet. I'll make rolls myself and move the action on later today if I haven't heard anything by then.

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire