Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #1111
Totem

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfharlock View Post
"What do you guys think?"
I'm faced with a couple of choices here. No one appears to be responding here, and Yoiparri hasn't posted anything at all recently (I keep meaning to follow up on that). I admit that my enthusiasm for this game is... I don't want to say that it's diminished, but I've got other ideas that keep coming up instead of it. With the reduced action at present, which is my fault for trying to run an observation-only mission, I think we're all slowing down a bit.

Choices:
I could stop the game. I don't want to leave it unfinished, so it's kind of a last resort.
I can resort to a man walking into the room with a gun. Or something like that. Drastic, but it would get the action going again.
End this mission and move to the next Act. Probably the best option, as the next Act is a bit more fast-paced.

I need to know that there are still people in the game before I proceed here. Some opinions would be appreciated.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #1112
momothefiddler

Sorry for the delay. I've been unusually busy lately, as well as, like you said, slowing down a bit.

For the record, Jorin seems to be in a primarily backup capacity lately, so feel free to move on with basic assumed actions whenever I'm not responding quickly (I should probably make a whole list, but it's mostly "keep a low profile unless a sticking point comes up that he can solve" and "use Vigil 2/3 of the nights or so to study or practice or whatever (workaholic)" - which in this case would probably mean learning as much about the Hilba as possible without upsetting them).

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #1113
pfharlock

I'm ok with whatever the group and the GM want most.

I don't mind the observation mission personally. I sortof assume as we work our way through the various groups eventually we'll find what we're looking for, (ie evidence of the blazen). It's just a matter of working through all the suspects.
pfharlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #1114
Totem

Sorry, definitely my fault this time: two busy evenings. Will respond tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:34 AM   #1115
Totem

I'm going to be out of contact for the next couple of days. Plan accordingly, have ideas. Things might go off with a bang when I get back; the current situation is on some kind of time limit.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #1116
momothefiddler

Does anyone suppose it's out of character (or, more precisely, out of TL) to pick a fairly concentrated group of people and toss a Sense Foes on them, then successively smaller chunks to isolate the positive result? If so, that's probably how Jorin will recommend handling it. Once we get one, we can read their mind and go from there.

I can throw out Radius-2 (up to 7 fairly close-packed people) Sense Foes for free. I can also do a Radius-5 (up to 61) and a few Radius-3s (up to 19) without much trouble. I could even do a Radius-9 or Radius-10 and it wouldn't be that bad, but I'm thinking that's not all that helpful since we already know there's a fairly high concentration of them.

Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
Old 06-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #1117
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I don't think its out of TL. the ancients were often smarter than we give them credit for. Archimedes would certainly not have balked at such a tactic.

Actually, I think we have record of something similar happening with the anointing of king Saul in the first book of Samuel.

As for it being a bad idea to be at ground zero... I thought I implied getting out of there, watching from a distance, and apprehending suspects... but it appears I didn't.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #1118
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
I can throw out Radius-2 (up to 7 fairly close-packed people) Sense Foes for free. I can also do a Radius-5 (up to 61) and a few Radius-3s (up to 19) without much trouble. I could even do a Radius-9 or Radius-10 and it wouldn't be that bad, but I'm thinking that's not all that helpful since we already know there's a fairly high concentration of them.
Not currently being able to do magic, Alex would support this idea, since it opens up possibilities. A circle at radius-10 would need to be cast three times, with overlapping areas, in order to cover the entire plaza (not taking into account people moving around, but covering shop fronts and some inside areas), or once centrally in order to cover most of the plaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I don't think its out of TL. the ancients were often smarter than we give them credit for. Archimedes would certainly not have balked at such a tactic.
Given the number and array of options that they had available, some of which we can't even work out how to reproduce at the moment, I'd second that thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As for it being a bad idea to be at ground zero... I thought I implied getting out of there, watching from a distance, and apprehending suspects... but it appears I didn't.
Ah, sorry: I read "wait for the attack, and then apprehend" to mean waiting in the immediate area. Unfortunately with the plaza leading into shops with rear doors, the paths leading out to the rest of the park, and so forth, escape routes are relatively easy to come by. Relatively being the important word, since depending on the type of attack there might be a lot of people trying to get out as well who are just caught up in it all. Or there may be very few; presumably the terrorists have considered the possibility of being the only ones seen leaving the area unharmed/ unaffected, and made plans accordingly.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #1119
momothefiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
Not currently being able to do magic, Alex would support this idea, since it opens up possibilities. A circle at radius-10 would need to be cast three times, with overlapping areas, in order to cover the entire plaza (not taking into account people moving around, but covering shop fronts and some inside areas), or once centrally in order to cover most of the plaza.
Right, but covering more than half the plaza would actually be less efficient, since Detect Foes only tells you "yes, there is an enemy in this area" or "no, there is not an enemy in this area." Jorin will go with a fairly large, closely packed group to subdivide and then point out the located enemy to Michael for... further processing.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:21 PM   #1120
Lamech

Had some IRL crap, that chunked my ability to post. But that's all nice and cleaned up now. (Although, it looks like there was a general lull?)
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire