Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 09-21-2021, 02:30 AM   #11
David Bofinger

Default Re: Munchkin Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
optimised for combat and nothing else: Lance the elvish spearman
In a sense this character has three ways to hurt people: missile, jab, melee/charge. Tactically it isn't, in my experience, that much better than having one or two ways to kill someone. Sad fact is that TFT is not kind to the multi-mode design because it just takes too long to change modes, unless someone has house ruled Quick Draw.

The price tag of multi-mode combat is losing the four or so talent points you could have used to give the character some breadth of non-combat talents. For both practical and role-playing reasons I generally prefer this path.

That said, if you do feel the need to puncture an HCobb goblin witch then the heart wants what the heart wants.
David Bofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:25 PM   #12
Jeff Lord

[QUOTE=unless someone has house ruled Quick Draw.[/QUOTE]

Quick-Draw (Weapon) (1) is already an IQ 8 talent. Or did you mean it needs a house rule?
Jeff Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:52 PM   #13
David Bofinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lord View Post
Quick-Draw (Weapon) (1) is already an IQ 8 talent. Or did you mean it needs a house rule?
I feel relying on it is too risky. If you flub the DX roll things get unpleasant.
David Bofinger is offline   Reply With Quote