Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-30-2015, 01:03 AM   #1
Mclellan.s

Default Help with zombie munchkin sets

So I bought the zombie base deck. Played it a couple times and really enjoyed it. I have since been gifted the expansions 2-4 as well as the walking dead deck. So I threw them all into the game and have since found the experience not the same. I found that the game didn't ha e enough monsters (or atleast high enough level) and too many other cards. We actually had someone get to level 10 without fighting a single level 10 or higher monster.

And so my question is how would I take all these cards and separate them into two equally playable decks? Or which cards should I try to limit?

I still would like to play with all the cards. But am just hoping other zombie players have dealt with this themselves and have a good solution.
Mclellan.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:47 AM   #2
Mclellan.s

Default Re: Help with zombie munchkin sets

Would it work if I eliminated all "go up one level" cards as well as most level 1-9?
Old 12-30-2015, 06:39 AM   #3
OneWoolyWombat

One solution we have used with large numbers of cards is to sort them by category - all the monsters in order from Level 1 to 20, all the Curse cards, all the Cheats, GUALS, bonuses to Munchkins, bonuses to monsters.

Sometimes it seems there are more of one thing or another. Depending on the type of game we want, we might omit some cards (less curses, less low level monsters).

Sometimes we shuffle up two stacks of doors, the top part being heavier on certain types of cards. That way the cards you want to see in play are more likely to appear.

Maybe it's less random than some would like. It is definitely a tuned game with the goal to affect the overall group experience.
OneWoolyWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
Mclellan.s

So you only keep one card of each? So if there are multiple +/- 3 to monsters or munchkin you would get rid of the rest? That seems like it wouldn't be difficult since no one can help stop you.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
Ghornet

My friends and I use 2 stacks of door/treasures for the bigger "sets". a player can pick from other stack. This helps prevent things from getting buried.
Game Changers & Holiday Suprise
Ghornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:02 PM   #6
Mclellan.s

But even with 400+ cards two piles still limit the card selection by alot. I feel making two separate decks would make it more playable. I never have a full table to play with (usually 4-5) so alot of the cards never get touched.

Tags
deck, expansions, munchkin, set, zombie