Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
Morgul_Maggot

Default Re: Home made deck box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
This set of Boxes of Holding is going out of print forever. We still have the Crypts of Concealment and the Meat Lockers, and we also . . .

Wait, that's not announced yet. Forget I said anything.
You don't mean these, do you? :)

http://twitter.yfrog.com/h42uhskj
Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #12
CLINE_28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
This set of Boxes of Holding is going out of print forever. We still have the Crypts of Concealment and the Meat Lockers, and we also . . .

Wait, that's not announced yet. Forget I said anything.
Wow, I am so glad I ordered the Box of Holding Tuesday. And to think I put off buying the Box of holding a few weeks ago to buy the Meat Lockers because they were running low in stock.
CLINE_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #13
emillang1000

The Boxes of Holding were basically obsolete as soon as they were printed. The Doors Box wasn't big enough to hold all the door cards, for one, and they don't hold Dungeon cards well because of all the Fantasy cards. Together you could fit all the cards, but you'd barely have any space for d10s or d6s, you wouldn't have ANY space for Jumbo D6s, level-counters, Munchkin D10s, Pawns, etc (and obviously no space for a game board). And this was BEFORE Half-Horse and Conan were printed - now it's just TOTALLY ferklempt,

The Crypts of Concealment, conversely, is actually potentially overkill, as the total number of Cthulhu cards isn't that much - less than 500 in total. Good to know, however, that you can put all your cards in one box, and the Caves & Kill-O-Meters in the other.

The Meat Lockers are kind of the same - there are about as many Zombie cards as their are Cthulhu cards. Same deal with the excess space, too: one box has the cards, the other has the Kill-O-Meters and Dungeon cards.

I donated my Boxes and all my old sepia-toned cards to a school teacher a little after I got my Deluxe set and decided to change over to an all-color set.

Unless this (supposed) new box is about the size of my custom box (almost a foot wide, by 10 inches deep, and about 4 inches tall), I don't know if it'll actually fit enough stuff to be worth it for me.

Last edited by emillang1000; 03-28-2013 at 01:28 AM.
emillang1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:33 AM   #14
MunchkinMan

That's why my Meat Lockers and Crypts of Concealment also have other genres in them, separated with piece of cardboard a small fraction of an inch taller than the cards. If I limited them to using only their genres, I'd have plenty of wasted space, but I'm not going to allow that to happen, since I hate wasted space and I'm not OCD enough to think only like can go with like.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
box, box of holding, deck, home, made