Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #61
Skullcrusher

Default Re: [IC] The great black hills gold rush

Quote:
"My friends have found a camp and confirmed the trail goes into it. The camp is occupied. Do we attack?"
OOC: what time of day is it?

Sampson translates all if need be. Sampson says to Running wolf,"I ain't much for planning things out. But I intend to get as close as possible and feed them the shot from my scatter gun. But with the possibility of them youngins getting in the corss fire best we sneak in and catch them sleeping...if in the bastards aren't already."

OOC: Sampson will wait until dark or if it is dark he will start off to the camp...stealthy as he can be...leaving the horses a decent distance away.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #62
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim View Post
The Trail to Shady Gulch part 2 (Jeb)

Having made the decision to go forward you make good time and have seen nothing to indicate the fire ahead is getting worse. In fact the smoke seems to be getting thinner.This brings a smile to your face and you spur your mule on. The trail is definately getting steeper and twistier. You are glad you did not bring a wagon!
Shortly after you come to this conclusion you turn a bend and lay eyes upon the remains of a burnt out wagon a way up the trail. This seems to be the source of the smoke.
"Well, that don't look too good, does it Henry?" Jeb eases his pistol out of its holster. He takes a good look around to see if whoever set the fire is still around. 3d = 8, success by 5 (Per 13). If nothing seems amiss, he will take a quick look at the burnt out wagon to see if there is anything of interest, and otherwise continue on his way.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #63
Ulthar88

Quote:
You get both wagons past a particularily sharp bend with a nasty camber to see a sight that causes both of you to take a sharp breath. Sat in the middle of the trail is a freaking huge grissly bear! It seems to be eating what looks like the remains of a the wagon trail you were travelling with's lunch.
"My, my, they do grow 'em big out here. Hold up, Sebastien." Pericles readies his suddenly inadequate-feeling .44, keeping a steady eye on the grizzly.

"Probably best to just wait a spell and see what he does. If he gets ornery, I'll fire a warning shot, maybe the noise will send him off. If not, empty your piece into him and head for a nice tree."

(ooc: what is our current distance from the bear?)
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #64
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post

Sampson translates all if need be. Sampson says to Running wolf,"I ain't much for planning things out. But I intend to get as close as possible and feed them the shot from my scatter gun. But with the possibility of them youngins getting in the corss fire best we sneak in and catch them sleeping...if in the bastards aren't already."

OOC: Sampson will wait until dark or if it is dark he will start off to the camp...stealthy as he can be...leaving the horses a decent distance away.
"Planing was never my strong suit too, But no need to get cautions now. Go in now, leave the stealth buisness to these reds. Its not like they are waiting for two random but handsome guys strolling out of the forest now?"

(OOC: over confident much? lol will now attempt to sleep)
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #65
chimchim

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
"Planing was never my strong suit too, But no need to get cautions now. Go in now, leave the stealth buisness to these reds. Its not like they are waiting for two random but handsome guys strolling out of the forest now?"

(OOC: over confident much? lol will now attempt to sleep)
OOC: it is afternoon arround 3ish

As you stop briefly to consider your plans another one of Running wolf's braves arrives and has a short conversation with running wolf.

"My friends say they have the camp under observation and have only seen one man in camp. They can only see two horses and they may have found a trail away from camp."
Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #66
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulthar88 View Post
"My, my, they do grow 'em big out here. Hold up, Sebastien." Pericles readies his suddenly inadequate-feeling .44, keeping a steady eye on the grizzly.

"Probably best to just wait a spell and see what he does. If he gets ornery, I'll fire a warning shot, maybe the noise will send him off. If not, empty your piece into him and head for a nice tree."

(ooc: what is our current distance from the bear?)
Sebastian agrees waiting maybe the best course of action. The bear continues to eat its way through the wagon trains garbage. You notice the bear has dozens of scars across its body from gun fire and various melee weapons. After a wait of nearly an hour the bear finally finishes the grabage and takes a long hard look you. Its gaze spears both Pericles and sebastian seperately and leaves them with a strong impression of inteligence.
After a few minutes of staring the bear lifts its head and growls at you before headign into the trees.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #67
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Well, that don't look too good, does it Henry?" Jeb eases his pistol out of its holster. He takes a good look around to see if whoever set the fire is still around. 3d = 8, success by 5 (Per 13). If nothing seems amiss, he will take a quick look at the burnt out wagon to see if there is anything of interest, and otherwise continue on his way.
The wagon is a blackened wreck which has been shifted off trail. You can tell this because the wreck no longer sits on the burn point. You can see no movement from where you are currently. For a better look you will have to get a lot closer.

OOC: you are curently several hundred yards away.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 AM   #68
Skullcrusher

Quote:
OOC: it is afternoon arround 3ish

As you stop briefly to consider your plans another one of Running wolf's braves arrives and has a short conversation with running wolf.

"My friends say they have the camp under observation and have only seen one man in camp. They can only see two horses and they may have found a trail away from camp."

Sampson says,"Well now looks like I need to go talk to my new friend in the camp. Let me go in under the guise of lonely Mountain Man passing through looking for trade. Trade his life for information." Sampson grabs the lead of the mule and heads down to the camp at a slow meander. Looking around for an ambush.

OOC: will roll observation later gotta go to the doctors.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #69
zoncxs

Quote:
Sampson says,"Well now looks like I need to go talk to my new friend in the camp. Let me go in under the guise of lonely Mountain Man passing through looking for trade. Trade his life for information." Sampson grabs the lead of the mule and heads down to the camp at a slow meander. Looking around for an ambush.

OOC: will roll observation later gotta go to the doctors.
"Don't take to long, scream if you need me." Samuel winks at Sampson and watches him trout off.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #70
Skullcrusher

Sampson's Default Observation rolls (need to by this with xps! UGH?) Skill 7 or less

Observation roll (3d6=8) missed it by 1! figures.