Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2022, 09:36 PM   #1231
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

The hobgoblin breaks and admits why the door was barricaded; their old lair was raided by necromancers and their undead minions. They slaughtered most of the hobgoblins and took their home for themselves.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:36 PM   #1232
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

The Riddle of Steel has already claimed the best real estate in land of death, and all of them will get a share, rest easy. We shall take it from here.

Bain tell his friends to leave the hobgoblin alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Telrith: "It smells like the southern tunnel is in more need of our cleaning. Shall we go there next?"
I agree, can you check it out? Being with the stone-friend, expert of hazardous materials, will give us an edge.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:10 AM   #1233
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

(OC: Marching order please. The passageway ahead (behind the previously barricaded door) is ONE yard wide.)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 09:56 PM   #1234
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Bain asks Telrith if he's capable of seeing trough the path of dirt and stone. Otherwise, he suggests sending an elemental ahead, to make sure the road is safe, considering it is 1 yard wide. He also asks Gathika to have her sunlight spell ready, should they need more light.

OOC: I suggest the following marching order:

Small sized elemental 1 with torch, 8 yards ahead of us.
Small sized elemental 2 with torch 4 yards ahead of us.

That should give us the right amount of light to see, and then:

Telrith, he could use his shield as passive cover.
Vicious, he might attack with his long sword over Telrith.
Bain, he provides additional support.
Mihrimah, she helps the rest of the party see.
Kinclad, he might buff the party.
Gathika, she heals the party.
Elemental with cart, keeps the loot safe.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:59 PM   #1235
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Vic agrees with the plan and disposes of the goblin, fast and painless (as being killed with a sword can be). Marching plan seems good.

Through the maws of the unknown we march, onward!
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 05:26 AM   #1236
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

The party goes forth with determination. They cautiously march through the corridor beyond, and find themselves at a junction. One way goes north, the other south. The signs of violence and the corresponding offal have gotten heavier in this area. The south corridor has a gruesome stench of death mixed with a sharp chemical brew wafting from it. The north corridor is less offensive, but shreds of rotten flesh and dried blood lightly cake the passage.

Which way should they go?
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 09:29 PM   #1237
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Gathika thinks it's a good plan, “the southern path seems fine to me, but the northern one has a strange and prominent smell” (it calls her attention because it’s rotten corpses).

(°ロ°)

Well,let’s follow Bain („ಡωಡ„)
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:41 AM   #1238
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Telrith directs the foreward elemental (Ruby) to go south, but asks Sullyfur to go just a little north and watch their back while they go south.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:33 PM   #1239
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

The adventurers and their entourage heads south.
The corridor takes a few sharp corners, but no obstacles or doors stop them until they come to a room.

The room is clearly an unwholesome place. Manacles hang from the ceiling, several hold the bodies of humanoids that been flayed down to the bone, stripped of flesh and skin by acid or whips. The bones were splintered and then structural damage form the flensing was repaired as much as possible. The remains have then been coated in some brownish slime, probably from a bubbling vat in the far corner. A nasty odor rises from the thick boiling liquid.

The room looks like a torture room that has been converted into some gruesome necromantic experimental laboratory. Five intact skeletons are chained to a wall.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 04:00 PM   #1240
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Sullyfur will follow about 5 yards behind the party, with orders to make a loud fuss if anything goes wrong.



Telrith quickly looks over the room.
  • Any potential combatants other than the five skeletons?
  • Are the skeletons animated?
  • Can the skeletons possibly slip free of their chains?
  • Any potential magical hazards in the room?
  • What is the brown slime?
  • What are the dimensions of the room?
  • How many doors are there, and what are the positions of the doors?
Telrith's relevant skills are:

Thaumatology -14
Hazardous Materials (magical) -12
Occultism -13
Hidden Lore (Magical Items) -12
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.