Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-19-2019, 10:17 PM   #1
Alden Loveshade

Default GURPS-related story accepted for anthology

I confess this is only peripherally GURPS-related. But a science fiction story set in a galaxy I created and have run in GURPS was just accepted. Called "Orange Sun, Grey Sky," it is planned to appear in a science fiction/fantasy/horror anthology.

While the Galaxy was largely built before I ran it in GURPS, I used GURPS Space as a resource.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:31 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: GURPS-related story accepted for anthology

Congratulations!
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:59 PM   #3
Blind Mapmaker

Congrats! I'd love to see more GURPS-related fiction, especially the big settings like Banestorm and Transhuman Space, but this is great too.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:52 AM   #4
dbm

Well, GRR Martin was famously a GURPS GM so let me be the first to congratulate you on your 8-year HBO adaption! :-P

Genuinely - congratulations! :-)
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #5
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Congratulations!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Mapmaker View Post
Congrats! I'd love to see more GURPS-related fiction, especially the big settings like Banestorm and Transhuman Space, but this is great too.
I'm not as familiar with Transhuman Space, but I've thought for a long time Banestorm (particularly Tredroy as in the 3rd edition book) would be an excellent setting for a novel. I have some ideas for such a thing, but it would of course require licensing from SJGames. It would be great publicity for GURPS, though (assuming, of course, the novel's good).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
Well, GRR Martin was famously a GURPS GM so let me be the first to congratulate you on your 8-year HBO adaption! :-P

Genuinely - congratulations! :-)
The closest I've gotten so far to HBO was being head writer of a university student-produced English language telenovela under Saul Landau. But if HBO offers me a million dollars for the rights to one of my stories, I just might consider it.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, gurps space, horror, science fiction, story