Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
TheBigGeordieGeek

Default Nightfall Update

From Fire Mountain Games website:

Update 12/20/2013:

Very good news! The counters have arrived from Steve Jackson Games. I’ve received an 800 lb. pallet and the counters look great. Many thanks to Steve Jackson for this amazing opportunity to support the amazing OGRE Designer’s Edition.

We are also expecting the scenario booklets shortly as well. We have to assemble the counters and booklets together and ship them all out. I expect this will happen in January. Remember that we are a small company with only two employees so please be patient with us. This is also a great chance to update your address if it has changed since your preorder!

And thanks to all of you for supporting us and making this possible. I’m eager to ship out Ogre: Nightfall as quickly as possible and see what you think of
Old 12-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Suboptimal00

Default Re: Nightfall Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeordieGeek View Post
From Fire Mountain Games website:

Update 12/20/2013:
Do they have a site other than http://firemountaingames.com/? I don't see such an entry.

Edit: Nevermind, it's at http://firemountaingames.com/ogre/index.html, not in their homepage news.

Last edited by Suboptimal00; 12-23-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: figured it out
Suboptimal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Dakk

Awesome news! When you're waiting for something it sure helps even to just get an update. Much appreciated.
Dakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakk View Post
Awesome news! When you're waiting for something it sure helps even to just get an update. Much appreciated.
Indeed. Thanks for sharing that information, folks.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
TheBigGeordieGeek

I am sad I am checking it three times a day hoping for an update on the international shipping price, my wife has forbade me ordering it until I know how much the total cost is.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
Dakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeordieGeek View Post
I am sad I am checking it three times a day hoping for an update on the international shipping price, my wife has forbade me ordering it until I know how much the total cost is.
I believe they've stated in several places that they will not be making a profit on the shipping, and that shipping costs to you will reflect the actual cost of them shipping it to you. Perhaps if you showed your wife this she might let you order sooner?
Dakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #7
voxelapocalypse
Banned

AWESOME! :D

I am so looking forward to OGRE NIGHTFALL.

Really dig the background scenarios they are doing with it.

I hope they don't rush anything just to "get it out the door."
I would rather wait longer and have it well done, like they intended.
voxelapocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
TheBigGeordieGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakk View Post
I believe they've stated in several places that they will not be making a profit on the shipping, and that shipping costs to you will reflect the actual cost of them shipping it to you. Perhaps if you showed your wife this she might let you order sooner?
Tried that, as she is the breadwinner she has refused to let me use the flexible friend until I give her a total cost, annoying but she brings in the bacon so it's her right to set limits to what I can buy. She wants me to have them, but not until I give her a total price.

And in fairness to Fire Mountain, until they got the sheets dvd the books printed up, determining the total postage charge was no doubt not an easy thing.
Old 02-22-2023, 08:43 AM   #9
pzmcgwire

Has there been any update about the Nightfall scenario book? I know SJ Games took the countersheet inventory back and have been selling the countersheets.

Were any of the Ogre computer game scenarios based on any of the Nightfall storyline?

Last edited by pzmcgwire; 02-22-2023 at 08:46 AM.
pzmcgwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:25 PM   #10
selenite

The line editors have been trying to build scenarios for them (one was playtested on my kitchen table). I know there's been some progress, but with the turnover in editors and recent unpleasantness I don't think it's anywhere near release.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote