Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
MagiMaster

Default GURPS: Ecosystems and Evolution

Originally, I had intended to write this up for Pyramid, but I didn't get everything together in time for the issue it was most suited to. It might still fit in the Monsters in Space, but I don't know how posting it here would effect that. Either way, since I still haven't worked out all the details, and I posted a good chunk in the Sewer Ecology thread already, I decided to go ahead and post what I have.

Whenever a GM is preparing an environment for an adventure to take place in, the question of "what are these things eating" always comes up. Depending on the setting, answering that question may or may not be important enough to bother with. This is for those times that it is. This information is meant to supplement the information given in chapter 6 of Space.

Table of Contents
Ecosystems
Trophic Levels
Food webs
Creatures
Worked Example

The second part was/will be Evolution which gives some guidelines for creating evolutionary trees using the alien creation rules, but I've got significantly more to do on them, so I'll put it off until later.

Last edited by MagiMaster; 06-17-2010 at 11:15 PM.
MagiMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aliens, ecology, ecosystems, evolution, space