Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #261
Langy

Default Re: The 2011 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

I'm just stumped on thinking of other large books that SJGames would accept. VDS is a pretty big project, and Girl Genius probably as well, but I can't think of anything else that would be that size that SJGames might be interested in. We've already got all of the genre books (like Fantasy or Horror) that I think are needed, and I don't think SJGames is all that interested in new full-on setting books like THS (they might publish something like that as a regular-sized e23 PDF, I suppose, but I doubt they'd publish a 100+ page book on a single untried setting), so I can't think of anything that this might be.

Is there any big supplement that SJGames is missing now? We've got Tactical Shooting, Gun Fu, Martial Arts, and soon Social Engineering; Low through Ultra and Bio techs as well as VDS eventually; Space, Fantasy, Horror, Supers, and Mystery; and Magic, Powers, Psionic Powers, and Thaumatology. Those seem to hit all the basics for rules supplements, tech supplements, genre supplements, and supernatural powers supplements. What else would need to be of comparable size?

Also: What is 'big'? Obviously the 'tech' books are, but would Tactical Shooting or Psionic Powers be considered 'big'? They're 'only' 87 and 85 pages, respectively.

Anyways, I'm just curious what this mystery project might be. Hopefully something good.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #262
whswhs

For genre, there's GURPS Romance/Soap Opera/Shoujo. It would be such a natural companion to Social Engineering, like Supers to Powers. Though I wouldn't be the best choice to write it; I don't follow those genres in a serious way. I'm not sure who would be a good choice of the established writers: Maybe Elizabeth McCoy? Maybe David Pulver for a Shoujo-focused book?

Bill Stoddard
Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #263
Paulon

Maybe a large size general bestiary? It's the biggest gap I can think of in the 4th edition GURPS rules.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #264
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
For genre, there's GURPS Romance/Soap Opera/Shoujo. It would be such a natural companion to Social Engineering, like Supers to Powers. Though I wouldn't be the best choice to write it; I don't follow those genres in a serious way. I'm not sure who would be a good choice of the established writers: Maybe Elizabeth McCoy? Maybe David Pulver for a Shoujo-focused book?

Bill Stoddard
I was about to suggest it. Of course, I was in the SE playtest. Trust me, people, this book is so awesome that you won't understand how you lived without it ;)
My stuff on e23
Old 06-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #265
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

I have no special knowledge here. However, some large books could be:

GURPS: Conspiracies
GURPS: Military (or Military Campaigns)
GURPS: Cyberpunk or Modern Fantasy could merit a megabook
GURPS: Special Ops was a 160+ page book in the past

But still, we're talking something that could be the size of Basic Set, and it's hard to imagine what that would be. I can't imagine it's a Bestiary type volume, though that would certainly fill space.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #266
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

1. Nobody has guessed right, or even very close.

2. I didn't say "GURPS supplement" or even "GURPS," merely "a very long item that I cannot name right now," "The Long Item That Shall Not Be Named," and "that super-long item I can't name." I mean, that could be somebody's autobiography, or an abstracts volume summarizing every SJ Games product ever, or a helicopter operator's manual that somehow ended up in our lap.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #267
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post

2. I didn't say "GURPS supplement" or even "GURPS," merely "a very long item that I cannot name right now," "The Long Item That Shall Not Be Named," and "that super-long item I can't name." I mean, that could be somebody's autobiography, or an abstracts volume summarizing every SJ Games product ever, or a helicopter operator's manual that somehow ended up in our lap.
It's GURPS TLITSNBN!

Nah, it's SJ's autobiography (with GURPS stats)

Damn, stop being so mysterious!
My stuff on e23
Old 06-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #268
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post

I thought you only worked on GURPS stuff, as the GURPS Line Editor? If you can work on non-GURPS stuff, then I suppose it might be a new edition of Ogre or some other, possibly completely new, SJG project. I really doubt it's an autobiography or operating manual, though, since neither of those seem likely to be published by SJGames.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #269
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
I thought you only worked on GURPS stuff, as the GURPS Line Editor? If you can work on non-GURPS stuff, then I suppose it might be a new edition of Ogre or some other, possibly completely new, SJG project. I really doubt it's an autobiography or operating manual, though, since neither of those seem likely to be published by SJGames.
He doesn't say it's even related to his work (other than it being in the GURPS part of his LJ in the first place; which logically means it is GURPS but whatever), it could be War and Peace or he's finally finishing his Thesis or something.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 06-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #270
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
He doesn't say it's even related to his work (other than being in GURPS part of his LJ; which logically means it is GURPS but whatever), it could be War and Peace or he's finally finishing his Thesis or something.
If that was the case, then wouldn't he also be doing his normal amount of work for SJGames as well? In other words, this project shouldn't be taking time away from SJGames stuff unless it's also part of his job, or he's taking a vacation.
Closed Thread