Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 08-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
Majobasil

Default Flaming Armor

Can Flaming Armor prevent damage from monster abilities such as The Angel of Awesomeness whose ability states: “Move up to 2 damage from your Hero card to target Monster or any other Hero card.”
Majobasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
Cactus Jack

Default Re: Flaming Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majobasil View Post
Can Flaming Armor prevent damage from monster abilities such as The Angel of Awesomeness whose ability states: “Move up to 2 damage from your Hero card to target Monster or any other Hero card.”
Yes I believe so.
According to the rules there are two types of damage.
- Combat damage
- Non combat damage

I believe that if the Armor could only prevent combat damage, it would read something like "If you are in a fight, prevent 2 damage being dealt.
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #3
Aleph
Administrator

Flaming Armor can prevent damage that is being dealt by a Monster in combat or a Monster's ability. The source just has to be a Monster.

However...

The Angel of Awesomeness is a special case. Her ability is moving two damage (tokens) from your Hero to a target Monster or Hero. This is neither dealing damage to the target, nor is it healing the Hero it comes from. It is just moving the tokens. (The card may be errata'd to specify tokens rather than damage to make this clearer).

So yes, Flaming Armor can prevent damage dealt by Monster abilities. It cannot, however, prevent the Angel of Awesomeness from moving two damage tokens to your card.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #4
Majobasil

Thank you sir.
Majobasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:29 AM   #5
Cactus Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
Flaming Armor can prevent damage that is being dealt by a Monster in combat or a Monster's ability. The source just has to be a Monster.

However...

The Angel of Awesomeness is a special case. Her ability is moving two damage (tokens) from your Hero to a target Monster or Hero. This is neither dealing damage to the target, nor is it healing the Hero it comes from. It is just moving the tokens. (The card may be errata'd to specify tokens rather than damage to make this clearer).

So yes, Flaming Armor can prevent damage dealt by Monster abilities. It cannot, however, prevent the Angel of Awesomeness from moving two damage tokens to your card.
I have never picked up on the difference between "Damage" and 'Moving Tokens'. Thanks for educating me!

Though we use dice instead of tokens. Anyone else do this too?
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:23 AM   #6
Malkavman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
I have never picked up on the difference between "Damage" and 'Moving Tokens'. Thanks for educating me!

Though we use dice instead of tokens. Anyone else do this too?
I actually use a device of my own design, that a friend made with his 3D printer. It is based on the "Kill-O-Meters" available from Warehouse 23, but has a place to put your Hero card, complete with Zapping ability, and you can see them in action on my CCG Edition episodes. I call them "Life-O-Meters."

"I wouldn't even take a whiz on this! I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
Malkavman is offline   Reply With Quote