Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
DwarvenHeart

Default Western/Fantasy, Spell Slinger adapt.

I have the Horizon™ published "Spell Slinger" splat book. I've adapted it to GURPS 4e system, with quite a few tweeks to the magic and races. It's not complete and I have too many notes to put most of the setting discription here. Anyone intersted can pick my brain about it.

What I'm wondering is: Have you played in (or run) a Western/Fantasy game setting? What kind of interesting scenes did you enjoy? Races?
DwarvenHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
SimonAce

Default Re: Western/Fantasy, Spell Slinger adapt.

I ran a single session of "Magic West" back in 3e. The highlight was the PC using a stone missile spell in lieu of a bullet. It really didn't click and as such I never revisited the genre
SimonAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
DwarvenHeart

Default Re: Western/Fantasy, Spell Slinger adapt.

I've had a few ideas for setting interesting elements.
  1. Small numbers of rust monster that eat the railroad track.
  2. Each race being from their own country creating much of the "where you from" clicks/racism that was common during those times.
  3. Allowing Magery 0 for anyone, but Magery 1 & 2 with only a few schools per race. Making some magic only able by race.
  4. Going with D&D 3e Gnomes rather than Pathfinder and make them tinkerers. Even looking into making their tech level higher.
I don't know. There's alot of potential but now I need to read over "The Old West" GURPS 3e to see about adventure ideas. Seeds Western could be good too, I have to read it.
DwarvenHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, fantasy, gurps 4e, spell slinger, western