Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-20-2021, 09:31 AM   #801
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"Have they left yet? Do you know if they are headed in the right direction? Maybe I should try and get in on the group so I can get to know Mr. Pundell a bit better and get a feel for how he might respond to talking to us about working this out peacefully. If it doesn't look promising, we can plan to swipe the idol tonight."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:20 AM   #802
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Anil: "I'll see what I can do about getting you on the expedition, but you should have a go at it first, so he doesn't know you are with me. He's going in the right quadrant of the map, but not really the right location. They haven't left yet."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:28 PM   #803
the_matrix_walker

Peter tries to get himself assigned to the trip. If asked, he says that he just likes to explore, and his last group isn't going out today.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:00 AM   #804
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter tries to get himself assigned to the trip. If asked, he says that he just likes to explore, and his last group isn't going out today.

His "default" role is that of a horse handler, and the other handlers think he's already spent too much time going into the jungle and not enough shoveling his fair share of dung.

So the simple request fails.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-24-2021, 02:49 PM   #805
the_matrix_walker

I thought Peter was reassigned Anil and no longer a horse handler.

In that case, he will do the duties assigned to him...
Old 09-27-2021, 09:16 AM   #806
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I thought Peter was reassigned Anil and no longer a horse handler.

In that case, he will do the duties assigned to him...
I suppose we can play in either way, with Peter either as a servant to anil or as Anil's favorite horse-handler. But if he's not a horse handler, he really has no role/excuse tagging along on Mr. Pundell's expedition. I suppose he could try to just follow along, but then he won't have an excuse for what he's doing.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:02 PM   #807
the_matrix_walker

I was working under the assumption that Peter was working for Anil now, so let's go with that... Peter wouldn't want to shirk his duties.

Peter tells Anil he thinks that the idea of confronting Mr. Pundell, or having him searched would be a good idea if Anil can pull it off. Getting caught trying to steal the idol could have repercussions Anil couldn't save him from. Mr. Pundell really has no reason to share any information with Peter unless the boy was to hint at his knowledge of the site and tip their hands.

Peter silently considers if either Anil or Mr. Pundell should win this prize... Perhaps he should try and get the idol himself and go find out what this place is really about before handing it over. Perhaps this power is better lost.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:42 PM   #808
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The day passes with Anil largely deep in thought about something.

Mr. Pundell's return happens in the mid afternoon. Everyone there seems quite subdued. One of this men had fallen off his horse and dislocated his shoulder during the trip. The injury is substantial, but Peter feels that the mood of the men is still somehow too somber.

Alton Stanway (The Lanky Archeologist who got him the horse job in the first place) approaches him that dinner. "Peter! how are you holding up!"

After checking about how Peter is fitting in, he moves on:
"I've noticed that Anil seems to be acting strangely. He only spends time with his inner circle of servants. Same for Mr. Pundell. And both of them got someone's limb dislocated. Could you enlighten me as to what is going on?"

Old 10-05-2021, 06:35 PM   #809
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
The day passes with Anil largely deep in thought about something.
"Anil, is everything okay? I know there's a lot to think about. wanna talk?"

Quote:
Mr. Pundell's return happens in the mid afternoon. Everyone there seems quite subdued. One of this men had fallen off his horse and dislocated his shoulder during the trip. The injury is substantial, but Peter feels that the mood of the men is still somehow too somber.
If the injured man does not appear to have had first-aid, Peter will run over. If it appears to be still out of joint, he will volunteer that "if that big guy (pointing) pulls that way (pointing with the other arm crossed) just like this (sweeps his hands in the direction he thinks is best in an animated fashion)... you can pop it back in there!" and Peter will make the man a sling out of available materials if he doesn't have one yet.

Quote:
Alton Stanway (The Lanky Archeologist who got him the horse job in the first place) approaches him that dinner. "Peter! how are you holding up!"

"Hello sir! I've been doing good. Had a big-wig take a liking to me and got to do some exploring. Learning to do Karana, and teaching my new boss some. What's been going on with you?"

Quote:
After checking about how Peter is fitting in, he moves on:
"I've noticed that Anil seems to be acting strangely. He only spends time with his inner circle of servants. Same for Mr. Pundell. And both of them got someone's limb dislocated. Could you enlighten me as to what is going on?"
Peter will try a little fast talk...

"Is that weird for these guys? I haven't been hanging with them that long, but I think there's some click, or class, or political thing or something and it's silently super competitive or something. If there are two riding accidents... maybe we gotta slow it down, the terrain can be nasty."
Old 10-06-2021, 01:10 PM   #810
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Anil, is everything okay? I know there's a lot to think about. wanna talk?"
"I've just got to reveal the talisman on Mr. Pundell. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. Everything comes down to that moment. How do I bring it up?"

Quote:
If the injured man does not appear to have had first-aid...
He's had first aid.

Quote:
"Hello sir! I've been doing good. Had a big-wig take a liking to me and got to do some exploring. Learning to do Karana, and teaching my new boss some. What's been going on with you?"
Peter will try a little fast talk...

"Is that weird for these guys? I haven't been hanging with them that long, but I think there's some click, or class, or political thing or something and it's silently super competitive or something. If there are two riding accidents... maybe we gotta slow it down, the terrain can be nasty."[/QUOTE]

"There is certainly something between them, but it seems more intense now somehow. Something has raised the stakes. And they're both supposed to be telling the whole leadership about the results of their expeditions... I don't think that they are"

Anil tells Peter to eat dinner just outside of the leadership's tent that night, and to have his weapons ready. "This is the night"

Tags
lost in dreams