Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 01-23-2024, 10:41 AM   #1
offsides

Default Minis Storage

I've been working on finishing up assembling all the Minis I currently have in preparation for set 4, and having printed out keymaps of a sort for each of my containers I figured I'd share them in case anybody else wanted to use them, as well as seeing how other people had organized their minis. I'm currently using 4 Plano 3700s, 2 3780s and a 3620, plus a 3750 for my tools, dice and Ogre record cards.

I can fit 2 full sets of PE armor in a single 3700 (minus the CPs - 2 slots for HWZ, 1 for each of the others with INF and bases stored separately), so I have Red + Blue, Green + Gray, and then GITD in one half of the third with Fencers + CPs in the other half. My 4th 3700 is for Mk IIIs, with the bottom row currently empty. The 3780s are for Mk Vs, Mk VIs and Dopps (plus a couple stray Mk IVs) with some empty space still, and the 3620 has most of my Mk IVs and the Black HTs.

Here's a link to an OpenOffice spreadsheet I made with the printed maps - I fold them in half and tape them to the top of the boxes, so they can be seen both open and closed. I also have blank maps for each of the 3 containers at the end; solid lines indicate fixed dividers, while dashed lines are for the removable ones. Margins are set so that they print down the middle of my printer, and when folded in half line up nicely to allow for trimming white space from the top/bottom easily as well.

Based on the minis in set 4 and how many I'm getting (currently 3 sets, I might add a 4th), I think a single 3620 will be enough to hold all the armor (and I have room in my existing boxes for the Mk Is + IIs), but I'll proabably wait until I get them to decide if I want that or another 3700. I'm pretty sure I'll need more than 1/2 of a 3700, but a whole one may be more than I need if I don't want to store other stuff in there as well.

So, how do you plan to store your set 4 minis?
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 12:02 PM   #2
43Supporter

Default Re: Minis Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
So, how do you plan to store your set 4 minis?
So far: Leave them in the box, until I can figure out something better.... .:)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 12:19 PM   #3
Cat

Default Re: Minis Storage

My usual, a Plano 3700 for each set, plus some Ogres.

My infantry all get magnetised and are stuck on a metal caddy that fits in one of the slots. The bases (metal washers with chipboard toppers By Things From The Basement) all stack in another slot.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/4888789/cat-o

Tags
minis, storage