Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2022, 05:39 PM   #191
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

We will see the attack in a few moments unless it was specifically against the shuttle. And even if it was, they should be in scanning range.

"Darth Vader? The Sith Lord who served the Empire? My presence has nothing to do with him, I can assure you."

Togosho reviews the vision ...
IQ+Force Talent=15
Roll IQ-4
3d6 = 6 +1 +4 = 11
(Success if talent Applies)

(Based on results, Togosho will improvise something...)
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 05:01 PM   #192
SID
 
SID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Nar Shaddaa
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

With a masterful combination of wits and skill, the party manages to forecast most of the impact zones, granting themselves a chance to avoid harm’s way. The data reveals this isn’t aimed at you, it’s an attack against the entire ship…

By the time you are done, a large shadow is already engulfing the space above you, diverting the light of the stars that shine on the ACCRETION. This shadow crushes the ship’s energy shields and casts an electromagnetic pulse, the light blinds you, and its wave quickly expands reaching you all… causing malfunctions everywhere, including your gear.

At the same time, you feel pulsations throughout your body, its like a heartbeat that makes you rumble like COLO-CAW eggs. The pump so intense you feel your muscles will rip through your skin.

Your comm devices pick a sound like this.

A sudden blackout renders section 1 airlock off… And for a moment, you find yourself exposed to the dead emptiness of space. Everything is silence… but you can still feel, you feel the saliva on your tongue starts to bubble just as you begin to lose consciousness… and you can see… you witness the ships and other small vessels in the area drop from the sky like debris.

The blackout ends with the appearance of a mass of plasma that burns above you like a hot blade, dripping molten iron, puncturing the ACCRETION’S energy field. Pod-like objects rain all over sector 1, and a thick fog extends blocking your sight but also tampering with your scanners. The fog… it feels familiar, it’s like the miasma from the place you last visited.

By this time the ACCRETION’s life support starts to kick in, partially restoring the airlock.

OOC: Please make an HT roll, let’s see if you’ll explode or instantly freeze to death, just kidding. In essence, all your body tissues that contain water will start to expand, your fluids shall boil, and you’ll also have a nearly frozen nose and mouth. The vacuum of space might also pull the air out of your lungs.

Regarding your three free actions, these are taking place before this occurs. Let me know if you'll warn the others, if you run away for 3 turns, if you seek cover etc. Just roll, and I’ll tell you what happens next. You have a +2 from the complimentary actions you had.
__________________
STAR WARS powered by GURPS, is now recruiting.
Join the game today in the Play by Post section of the forum.
SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 09:41 PM   #193
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Bibingui and burrito tell the people what is going happen.
Bibingui and Purrito use observation to look a safe place.
Bibingui and Purrito go to said place, facing towards danger.
Bibingui is concious rolled 8!
Observation is 12
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 11:49 AM   #194
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Vanta remains conscious, barely 12/12

He hacks the comm system to transmit a general EMERGENCY WARNING (rolled 10, skill level 10)

He moves with Bibingui and the rest of the team facing the probable danger.

Now is the time to shine brothers and sisters.

To the others.

IF YOUR WILL IS SURVIVAL, GET BEHIND US AND BRACE YOURSELF!!

Vic uses his combat medic skill to evaluate the other people and their fighting chance. 14 out of 16
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 12:44 AM   #195
SID
 
SID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Nar Shaddaa
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
We will see the attack in a few moments... "Darth Vader? The Sith Lord who served the Empire? My presence has nothing to do with him, I can assure you."
The Devaronian doesn’t seem very convinced about the group's statements, still the atmosphere and the recent signs help her decide. As you prepare for combat, she retreats with the children as fast as she can. As for the masked man, he stays with your party ... "That's interesting. You know, as long as people believe, these stories will continue. I think that the most real things end up being just like dreams," replies the masked man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vanta... to transmit a general EMERGENCY WARNING... Vic uses his combat medic skill to evaluate the other people...
The transmission is broadcast successfully and is replicated in the emergency channels, you pay attention to the Devaronian and the kids.

Quote:
The party remains conscious.
Your consciousness starts vanishing into the darkness, sinking at the same time into the heat and the blinding light of that mythical moment. And in those last seconds of your resistance, everything collapses, as if hundreds of stars were raining down… What happens?

Space fractures, but you all remain. Something makes you cling to consciousness, and you won't let it go. A familiar voice whispers: "Dear you, who have failed to die despite that stabbed heart: Don't show any weakness, mercy will never beat your enemy because… peace is a lie..."

Your bodies shudder and start to recover as life support is restored.

Bibingui and Vanta slowly regain consciousness and turn around, looking for friendlies. Togosho stands, removes his cloak, and throws it at them. You’ve lost sight of the masked man. On the other hand, having collapsed from the impact, the Devaronian couldn’t get far; still, the children look good. The little Rodian shakes Lucy, she seems to react but can't get up, the babies cry... Togosho walks towards them.

As the mass of energy shines on the ACCRETION, the "bombardment" begins. A projectile immediately hits your shuttle and sends it against Lucy and her children... and in the blink of an eye, Togosho emerges from the ether to contain the impact through the Force. He looks at them, sighs and says: "it was nothing personal"... he approaches the basket, and appears to leave something in its interior.

As the miasma spreads, a ship lands on the distance, the hatch opens. A blue skinned man stands over the ramp, while a tall figure descends with a ready (crimson) lightsaber. This immediately ravishes Togosho's poise… he ignites both his lightsabers and shouts "I'm afraid the tone and pacing of this 'game' are not right for me, I'm out." The Chiss walks determinedly towards a duel of fates, disregarding how the EMP-halted ships and more projectiles keep crashing on the area. Togosho's figure disappears amidst the dust, his lightsabers burning in your memory the visage of the Jensaarai, until a ship falls between you and him, like a falling curtain.

By the time you stand up, you find yourself surrounded in a miasma which seems to come from the projectiles that just crashed.

PURR1T0 is shocked by the EMP but Bibingui's readings tell it isn't anything major (at least for now). Suddenly, something violently beats the shuttle from the inside; It seems to be the driver of the unit... but before you react, the door breaks and a Phase III dark trooper (p3) comes out.

The droid’s eye color changes from blue to red and equips a “chaingun”:
“/ * EXECUTE ORDER 19362100 * /
> COMMENCE UNNUMBER.”

Combat starts.

The droid is 3 yards away from the Devaronian and about 6 yards away from Bibingui and Vanta.

@Bibingui, you (including PURR1T0 and Vanta) are behind a piece of metal that’s part of the ACCRETION’s “architecture”. Since the ACCRETION was made from warships, it’ll be good enough to protect you from gunfire.

@Vanta, you receive a message from the masked man, he’s trying to help the Devaronian and the kids. “Looks like we got VIP company, huh? Distract the droid or take him down. I’ll pull the Devaronian out of this”.
__________________
STAR WARS powered by GURPS, is now recruiting.
Join the game today in the Play by Post section of the forum.
SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 07:46 PM   #196
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Vanta raises his heavy blaster (rolled 12, out of 16) and attacks with three shots to the droids center mass (rolled 11, out of 16)

To the voice inside his head

"March forward, this is taken care of"
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:04 AM   #197
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Bubingui prepares to fight, activates his exoskeleton and activates Purrito's shield.
Bibingui attacks Sibiribi (let's attack) ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:17 PM   #198
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vanta raises his heavy blaster (rolled 12, out of 16) and attacks with three shots to the droids center mass (rolled 11, out of 16)

To the voice inside his head

"March forward, this is taken care of"
If Vanta lands all three shots, he would do 93 damage, with a 5 divisor for armor. Burn effect
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 11:40 PM   #199
SID
 
SID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Nar Shaddaa
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

The dark trooper is pushed back by the impact of Vanta’s blaster.

Silence breaks in…

The enemy droid turns to Bibingui and Vanta, the first shot melts part of its armor; the following shots connect but seem less effective. It could be a specialized type of armor.

Bibingui and “purrito” ready their weapons, they’ll attack next turn.

The dark trooper fires its Gatling Laser, two rounds to each one of you.
Get ready, it’ll be about 70 points of damage to your skulls.

Can the heroes make it?

Meanwhile, the masked man gets close to Lucy and the kids. The child pulls some sort of gun from Lucy’s shirt and gives it to the man.
__________________
STAR WARS powered by GURPS, is now recruiting.
Join the game today in the Play by Post section of the forum.
SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:42 AM   #200
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Bibingui commands Purrito to sacrifical block 15/10&10 for Vanta and herself. Then she dodges (crouches in cover) 13/6 with luck.
Sibiribi!!!!!! \\\\٩( 'ω' )و //// Bibingui os the best!!!! ٩( 'ω' )و
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cyberpunk, magic, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars, traveller

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.