Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-06-2021, 06:21 AM   #31
Gumby Bush

Default Re: Ghoul Diet and Food Spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
Cooking is the skill of being a chef – A successful skill roll allows you to prepare a pleasing meal.

I think 'pleasing' here can cover taste, appearance and nutritive quality, no need for a separate artist or dietician roll.

I think this is right; however, I also think there's a case to be made for Artist (Culinary) defaulting to Cooking-3, similar to Artist (Woodworking) defaulting to Carpentry-3. There is certainly overlap, but one might focus on one or the other more.

That said, using Cooking to determine the overall quality of what you conjure with Create Food seems eminently sensible, but I take it no one has contested that yet.

To the ethics/acceptability of ghoul PCs: a great deal will depend on the underlying social conditions. A culture which has developed with ghouls might regard them as filling a useful social role, even if one which comes with a bit of a stigma: feed the corpses of one's enemies to the ghouls! It might be the worst disrespect, a dishonor reserved for murderers and traitors as it keeps them from being resurrected. Ghouls might be wanderers, traveling to where wars or crime are common for the sake of acceptable forms of food.

Given their sapience, the players should feel a bit of an ethical dilemma in dealing with ghouls generally, assuming, as I take it the OP is, that they are not morally culpable for their anthropophagy--assuming a certain style of game (the kind where a PC ghoul makes any sense to begin with). Finding a way to respect them as persons without giving them too much leeway would be a--perhaps anachronistically egalitarian--challenge. Uncontrollable Appetite would shift things more into the "too dangerous" category, but this is merely Restricted Diet.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:17 PM   #32
lugaid

Default Re: Ready to go free keto meal plan for a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenGer View Post
I've been searching for a complete keto meal plan for a month, so I don't have to calculate calories by myself and don't have to come up with a great recipe out of a huge number of products.
This one is easy and simple - a one-month ready-made plan! Great menu, everyone will love it. And most importantly - you can download it for free right now: (snip)
The Santa Clarita diet is almost certainly keto-friendly.
lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:11 PM   #33
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Ghouls should also have Odious Personal Habit (Anthropophage) [-15] and Social Stigma (Monster) [-15] and, depending on the version, some ghouls will also have Appearance (Horrific) [-24], Bad Smell [-10], and Disturbing Voice [-10]. In any case, the vast majority of humans either will run screaming from ghouls and attack without mercy.
They would not have OPH unless they practiced it openly. Otherwise they would have a Secret proportionate to the disadvantages they would gain if revealed.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:12 PM   #34
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby Bush View Post
I think this is right; however, I also think there's a case to be made for Artist (Culinary) defaulting to Cooking-3, similar to Artist (Woodworking) defaulting to Carpentry-3. There is certainly overlap, but one might focus on one or the other more.
From the way it's written up, I think Cooking IS the analog of Artist (Woodworking) for food. The analog of Carpentry is Housekeeping, or part of it.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote