Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 04-04-2019, 07:52 PM   #41
TippetsTX

Default Re: Show me the magic!

IQ 11 - Push (T)

The wizard summons an unseen force one hex wide with the equivalent of 20 ST. This force can be directed in a straight line any direction against a single target, pushing them 1 hex for every 2 ST used. The caster has complete control over where the target is pushed including into traps, walls, off a cliff, etc. Like Avert, the target can make a saving roll (4 dice against adjDX) to avoid being pushed into a dangerous situation, but only if the ‘push’ is extended for two or more hexes.

Cost: 2 ST per hex (max of 5 hexes)
Old 04-04-2019, 07:57 PM   #42
warhorse11h

Combat Advantage (T) Combines the effects of three cantrips (Quickblade, Leadblade, Minor Shield) into a single spell. Cost is 1 ST to cast and the duration is 3 turns. Speeds the subject up slightly. He acts first among characters with the same ADX. Slows any attacker against the subject with a melee weapon slightly. He acts last among characters with the same DX. Creates a small amount of magical protection. Anyone attacking the subject of this spell with a normal weapon misses if the "to hit" roll is equal to the attacker's adjusted DX for the attack.

Combat Precognition (T) The subject of this spell is given enhanced awareness, extending a fraction of a second into the future and granting a +1 bonus to Dodges and Defend actions and providing a -1 penalty to attacks against the subject while the spell is in effect. Cost is 1 ST and duration is 4 turns. If you are surprised this bonus does not apply.

Combat Prescience (T) Your awareness extends a fraction of a second into the future, allowing you to better land blows against your opponent. You gain a +1 DX bonus on your attack roll. Cost is 1 ST and duration is 4 turns.
warhorse11h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:04 PM   #43
TippetsTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse11h View Post
Combat Advantage (T) Combines the effects of three cantrips (Quickblade, Leadblade, Minor Shield) into a single spell.
Where do those three 'cantrips' come from? Are they available as separate spells?

And what are the IQ requirements?

Last edited by TippetsTX; 04-04-2019 at 08:13 PM.
TippetsTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:13 PM   #44
warhorse11h

An old thread listed them. From last year.

All three are IQ 8 spells.

I'd post them again, but I'd likely get stoned for heresy.
warhorse11h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:04 AM   #45
JLV

Quote:

I liked your cantrips! And they would make "hedge witches" more of a thing, I think...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #46
TippetsTX

IQ 9 - Staff to Sword (T)

A bit of a misnomer, this spell allows the wizard to temporarily transform their staff (or wand, rod, etc.) into a melee weapon of similar size. For example, a wand could be changed to a dagger or hatchet, but not a broadsword. The wizard must still have the required talents as well as sufficient ST to use the weapon w/o penalty. The transformation lasts for 12 turns.

Normal cost is 1 ST, but if the wizard uses 3 ST the weapon will be fine (+1 to hit).

Last edited by TippetsTX; 10-24-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:51 PM   #47
TippetsTX

IQ 10 - Retrieve Item (T)

A basic teleport spell that allows the wizard to target a recently held (or thrown) item and recall it to their hand. The item must be within the wizard's line-of-sight. If the item has been out of the wizard’s hand for more than 1 minute, however, the spell will fail.

Cost: 1 ST

Last edited by TippetsTX; 01-27-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:12 PM   #48
Skarg

Quote:

If they're not in this thread, you may get stoned for not posting them. ;-)
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #49
TippetsTX

IQ 9 - Woodshaping (S)

The wizard can alter the shape of a piece of wood, molding it as they would a piece of soft clay. The cost is 1 ST for each cubic foot of wood to be shaped. The spell typically only allows for simple forms, but the wizard can create finer detail by continuing the spell for more than one turn. The exact length of time required to achieve the desired design is determined by the GM.

Note: Rather than commision a wood-carver, this spell is often used by mages to create intricate and unique designs for their Wizard's Staff.

Cost: variable

I also have Stoneshaping (IQ 11) and Metalshaping (IQ 13) spells that function the same way though I'm debating whether or not the base ST cost should be increased for those materials.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:04 PM   #50
KevinJ

IQ 10
Delay Rot (S) [5/1]: This spell only works on a dead body, delaying the onset of decay so long as the spell is active. The duration is one day for 5 ST, and can be maintained for 1 ST per day. This spell is only available to Priests of Vorelar and is used to preserve a body so it can be transported to the decease’s home or in the case of a murder investigation.

I created this spell for a game world where burial with the proper rites is a huge thing within the culture of The People.