Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-25-2021, 08:53 AM   #141
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious continues to stick to the ceilings to remain out of eye-lines while searching for evidence that the mystic apparatus has been tampered with for a while longer, and checking for any new construction or alterations that may interfere with the flow of power.

The place has been maintained constantly over the last 50 years. The flows are quite complex.

Vassarious does come across a part of the construction that seems exceptionally intricate, a set of walls of strangely proportioned bricks of different kinds of stone. If there was a part of the whole structure to change to alter the effect, it would have been these walls. And they're made to be replaced and interchanged... the mystic flows through them must wear them out after a while. They still seem strong right now though.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:07 PM   #142
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious studies the stones and bricks and stones and examines the patterns, trying to internalize the workings of the components. They ponder to themselves as they study "I suppose finding a crack would be a little on the nose."

Once V believes they've absorbed all the insight they can for time being from the workings of this place, they will turn their attention to the priests here and study them a bit further. Are they attending the scene akin to a watch, or are they interacting with this office space? Are the clothes more priestly vestments, or something else?

((OOC: I would happily expend a Wildcard Point from Occult! for the structure, Face Man! for the priests, or Tradecraft! for the investigation if it is applicable or appropriate to enhance a roll for a missed success or margin.))
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:36 AM   #143
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The stones appear to be in perfect working order... but if one stone is wrong, that could have some pretty strong effects on the whole system, without actually looking wrong. Understanding it all will take study, a little experimentation, or finding someone or something that can explain it to Vass.

The priests are wearing formal garb. They seem to be mid-tier, not part of the top levels, but having advanced fairly far up the ladder. They're standing at attention, watching the sarcophagus in the center.

After quite some time, they are relived by a new pair of priests, dressed the same. They have new, hot, fresh food, and they replace a some of the documents.

Before they start their watch, they chant to the sarcophagus: "If thou art pleased with this world, and with thy governors, rest in peace, sleep on. If we have gone astray, awake and save us."

Halcyone can work on both traitor searching and planting the rumors to get Rubrum to the The Sabuleum gate at the same time.

In the evening, Halcyone's phone gets an alert, and alarms begin to go off in the city... a bombing raid is coming in.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 08-26-2021 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:05 PM   #144
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone can work on both traitor searching and planting the rumors to get Rubrum to the The Sabuleum gate at the same time.

In the evening, Halcyone's phone gets an alert, and alarms begin to go off in the city... a bombing raid is coming in.
Bombing raids? I guess the portals are rather large then? Or there's territorial controlled by the imperials on this side of the portal? I guess there's little to do besides head for the bunkers/possibly help Rubrum to the bunkers.

Maybe I could spend a destiny point to ensure nobody bombs HQ, so I could snoop around while everyone's hiding in the bunkers. I guess the question would be what to go looking for.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #145
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Bombing raids? I guess the portals are rather large then? Or there's territorial controlled by the imperials on this side of the portal? I guess there's little to do besides head for the bunkers/possibly help Rubrum to the bunkers.
Each side owns some of the portals, including land on the other side of them. For instance, the Sabuleum gate, which has a zone around it owned by the imperials.

Quote:
Maybe I could spend a destiny point to ensure nobody bombs HQ, so I could snoop around while everyone's hiding in the bunkers. I guess the question would be what to go looking for.
You could do that, yes. Do you want to?

Old 08-29-2021, 12:22 AM   #146
TGLS

Quote:
You could do that, yes. Do you want to?
Hm... Is there anything that I could look into that would help with the traitor hunting? I don't think there's anything I could do to help the rumor plan; though I suppose I could try bypassing it by altering his agenda in a week, but that would probably be noticed.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:11 AM   #147
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm... Is there anything that I could look into that would help with the traitor hunting? I don't think there's anything I could do to help the rumor plan; though I suppose I could try bypassing it by altering his agenda in a week, but that would probably be noticed.

Well, she doesn't have hacking, so she can't go riffling through email using hardware access. There is SOME physical mail people are getting, though not much, and speed of information transfer might lean against that.

I'm trying to think of other things that could be useful to check during a bombing raid.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:49 AM   #148
the_matrix_walker

When you say he would have to study to understand this more, do you mean he will need to find more materials, or just spend more time in the examination of the stones?

Vassarious will see if they can access the sarcophagus. Is it air-tight?
Old 08-31-2021, 08:48 AM   #149
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
When you say he would have to study to understand this more, do you mean he will need to find more materials, or just spend more time in the examination of the stones?
He'd need to either find materials to experiment with or find a person or book to explain this to him. Or both. And it'd take quite a matter of weeks.

Quote:
Vassarious will see if they can access the sarcophagus. Is it air-tight?
It is not air-tight.

Inside the sarcophogus is quite dark, but a man rests in state, exposed to the open air. He's undead. And his features look quite similar to the pictures of the emperor you've seen...

Old 08-31-2021, 01:05 PM   #150
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Inside the sarcophogus is quite dark, but a man rests in state, exposed to the open air. He's undead. And his features look quite similar to the pictures of the emperor you've seen...
Is there room for two? If so I will take his form and memorize it...

After inspecting the sarcophagus, Vassarious will go looking for the high priests in hope of some eaves dropping... If he is unable to locate them, he will head back to his room.